Question about Browning HP

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by The Squirrel, Nov 19, 2009.

1. The Squirrel

The Squirrel New Member

I have a Browning High Power 9mm and was thinking of selling it. I already have a Smith and Wesson 9 and like it better. Not sure how many years my dad had the Browning but it is in really good condition. What does anyone think I should ask for it? Thanks for the assistance.

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Probably the finest 9mm pistol ever made. There are a ton of variations though so nobody will be able to help without detailed pictures - especially that show all the markings...

3. The Squirrel

The Squirrel New Member

I am not sure how to post a picture on the thread but just uploaded a few pics into my gallery. I have a total of 5 magazines as well. Just not sure what I should be asking for it?

4. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Click on Post Reply. In the top margin you will see a paper clip click on it on then a new window opens and you can upload your photo.

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

6. The Squirrel

The Squirrel New Member

I am not trying to sell on the board what I was asking is what others thought I might be able to get for it. I inherited some pistols and rifles and am not sure exactly how to figure out what the ones I do not wish to keep are worth.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  7. The Squirrel

The Squirrel New Member

browningHP 003.jpg

browningHP 002.jpg

Here are a couple pictures of the Browning. I also have 5 clips for it. Any help would be appreciated. Like I said I am not trying to sell here as I might already have it sold I just dont want to sell it too cheap and lose out myself or try to ask too much and lose the opportunity to sell. Thanks

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Here in Sacramento, assuming it's all in good shape, it would probably go for between $750. - $800. A new one is $1,000. and isn't the same quality.

9. bigjim

bigjim New Member

I would say about $650.00 would be a good price. Gunbroker.com has one for $990.00 but it has the original wood grips and adjustable rear sight and is in 99% condition.

If you wnat to get the most you can from it, I would replace those gips with original wood.

Jim

10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

11. m72law

m72law New Member

a co-worker of mine bought a browning hi-power made in belgium for 300bucks through a friend of his,a few weeks ago.the gun is flawless and im dying to own this pistol...i offered to trade him a used bushmaster ar-pistol and he refused..:/being i gave 300bucks for a knock off hi-power made in austria,this browning he has is on my (pistols to own list):)so squirrel you shouldnt have any problem getting rid of the browning...500.00 & up will fit the bill...good luck;)

12. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Yeah, I saw one listed at the range yesterday for $525.

13. The Squirrel

The Squirrel New Member

Based off of the seriel number, how would you tell the manufactured year?

14. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

CLICK HERE

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  15. The Squirrel

The Squirrel New Member

Found it. Looked around on the net tonight and figured out it is a 1969. Serial number starts with 69C. Took it to a local dealer and the guy there that does the appraisals told me he would rate it at a 98% piece. Could not believe how clean it was. Guess I am lucky. I am going to take it and a couple others shooting this weekend just to run a few rounds through each to see what I really want to keep and what I want to sell. Thanks to everyone for the assistance on figuring this thing out.