Question about BCM upper (Blem)?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by DropZone889, Dec 16, 2013.

1. DropZone889

DropZone889 New Member

Just finished a build with a BCM Blem upper and it was missing the logo below the rail, other than that I couldn't find any "blemishes" at all!

I don't know anyone that has a regular BCM upper with the lettering and star and I was wanting to confirm wether it was originally a sticker or painted on?? I wanted to make it look as close to original as possible or without this lettering or my receipt and word, it's very hard to confirm that it's a BCM upper receiver.

Thanks,
    DropZone

Attached Files:

2. brettc

brettc New Member

I believe they use a laser engraver, not 100% sure.

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

The receiver is going to be hard to tell but it would be shocking if it wasn't milspec and good quality. But look for the forge mark. My BCM, Daniel Defense and PSA uppers have the square forge mark which is Brass Aluminum Forging Enterprises.

Now the barrel, you might want to take pictures of the ID marking and see if it's the same as known BCM M4 profile barrels here.

4. Seven

Seven New Member

All the BCM's I bought in the past were the same, but the two BCM's I picked up in the last few months have a new forge mark...

[​IMG]

5. okdonk

okdonk New Member

BCM blem upper receiver won't have the logo on it. The logo will be on their complete upper receiver group only (Non Blem).