Quentin Defense US Army Edition billet lower

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Quentin, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Figured I'd start a thread on this since things finally look like they're moving.

I ordered a Quentin Defense US Army Edition billet lower a few weeks ago and finally got an email from Tom @ QD saying they're expecting these lowers back from anodizing any day. Then they'll do my custom engraving and 2nd day air to my FFL. Things have been slow due to everyone being at the Shot Show. Not a problem really, no rush, I haven't decided on an upper at this time anyway. I'm waiting on a Daniel Defense LPK and my FFL.

These aren't cheap at $160 but I've always wanted to get something special in a lower, so why not get one with a US Army rollmark and your somewhat unusual name as the manufacturer! Also, I lived in Gilbert, AZ at one time.

[​IMG]

http://quentin-laser.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=2&products_id=225

Also, I ordered a S&W 5906 LE trade-in 9mm DA/SA pistol from CDNN. It's a third generation in stainless steel. I've always wanted a S&W 59 and the 5906 is the best one they made.

I'll get some pictures up when they get here. Starting the new year out right! :D

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Very nice, the uniqueness of every shops' billet lower is an often overlooked benefit for the extra money. Are you thinking 5.56 or something heavier this time?

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

5.56 for sure but I'm still pondering over uppers. Now I'll have two complete lowers without mates but that's really not such a bad problem. I probably should grab a PSA LW midlength at those great prices they've been offering.

4. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

How much are QD's uppers? Mebbe a matched set?

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Y'know I've thought of that... no doubt it would look great! And a fun project especially since I'm in no hurry. I suppose a stripped upper is about the same price, maybe $160-ish.

ETA:

I peeked, QD has two billet stripped uppers, a slick side (no forward assist) for $160 and one with FA for $190. I'll think about it, which means about six months if I know me.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  6. trip286

trip286 New Member

Do they make a USMC version? If so, I think a 1911 might just have to kiss my @$$, my next gun would likely be an AR.

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

Checked the site and crapped my pants.

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

Think it will take a PSA rifle kit?

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

WOW I really like that lower , I would think that PSA kit would fit fine but who knows how well it will match up " looks wise " to the lower being billet .
    Sure would make a nice looking SBR or pistol ;)

10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

They do make one for the USMC, and Navy and Air Force! If they get the word out they'll sell a lot of them...

[​IMG]

http://quentin-laser.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=216

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  11. trip286

trip286 New Member

Yeah I found the USMC version, that's what has me fired up.

12. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Quentin, you know you don't have to be so sneaky about it....you can just come and say BUY MY UBER BILLET LOWER AND UPPERS!

I for one would be more inclined to buy one then........

13. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Honestly tho, they look too pretty. Mebbe an old school a2 build is in order.....

14. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Tikki, I wish they were mine, but just a lucky coincidence in the name. And I did live in Gilbert, AZ for a while. Quentin actually is my middle name and I use it as a screen name since it's fairly uncommon.

I'd been tempted to buy a QD lower for a couple years but when I saw this US Army lower couldn't resist any longer.

Yeah they are almost too prettty. I doubt I'll be beating this up much.

15. Quentin

Quentin New Member

16. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I just found out there soon will be a US Coast Guard Edition as well.

[​IMG]

17. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Got a call from Tom @ QD late this afternoon saying that my custom engraving is done and they're ready to ship it out. He said it came out great. Somehow he didn't get the FAX from my FFL so I had my FFL attach it to an email to Tom this time. Hope to get it Wednesday!

18. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Gonna be a long and hard 4 days........

19. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Good looking lower Q.