Quentin Defense uppers

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by tomill, Feb 24, 2012.

1. tomill

tomill New Member

Has anyone had experience with QD uppers? I see they are reasonably priced. I plan on putting it on a complete Spikes lower. Trying to go as inexpensive as possible but, with quality components. I plan on using the weapon for keeping up with my friends that are in LE. Shoot what they shoot. The last time out I used a DPMS GI lite and I started to experience feeding problems after about 300 rounds. Hard firing on a Saturday afternoon.

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I have a recent thread on the QD stripped billet lower, US Army edition. The machining is excellent, very nice lower. I'm considering buying their stripped upper but not in a hurry. I would expect the billet upper receiver would be as nice as the lower but no first hand experience. And I have no idea about the components they use in their complete upper groups as I'd rather choose my own barrel, etc.

3. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I have a matching set of their billet receivers, very nice. I will say I'm a little dissapointed that they have never gotten back w/ me about custom anodyzing a Troy rail to match their gun metal grey receivers set I'd like to purchase. That was roughly a year ago. I think they forgot about me :).

[​IMG]

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

That looks great, MJ! I think you just convinced me to go with a QD upper receiver. :D Now do I want the slick side or with FA... :D

If you go with a gun metal set will you get the military edition lower? I love the look of that anodizing.

5. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

After waiting and waiting for a response I will probably not go with another QD.