Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New or used, no specifications other than it has to go bang and be known for reliability!

Ruger LCP/LCR/LC9
Bersa Thunder 380
Hi Point

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Taurus pt709 slim, for carry
S&W Sigma
Heritage Rough Rider

Ruger P90 full size 45acp, replacing 1911s in many ways, a serious contender in the category and used just in under 400.

I've heard many older CZs can be had for around the upper part of this price range as well. I've never owned one, only shot a well hidden hammer 25acp. Well built from what I've read everywhere.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Sig Sauer SP2022. I paid $399 for a basic model and $419 for one with night sights. These are two of my least expensive firearms and two of my most favorite to shoot.

·
Registered
331 Posts
S&W SDVE 9mm or .40cal
S&W SWVE 9mm or.40cal
S&W 5906 (Any 3rd Gen.)
Ruger P95 (Any P Series)
Sig 2202

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
BeyondTheBox said:
New or used, no specifications other than it has to go bang and be known for reliability!

Ruger LCP/LCR/LC9
Bersa Thunder 380
Hi Point

What is the use of the pistol, personal protection, home protection, range use...?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What is the use of the pistol, personal protection, home protection, range use...?
Like I said, no specifications, just a gun that fires bang. Interpret that any way or every way. Read the posts thus far, it includes big and small, long and short, etc.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Speaking of beretta you can snag a nano for about $400.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I think the retail on it is $475 so street price would have to be about $400...nowadays you'd be lucky if you can find anything let alone at or above msrp.

From what I've seen there are more positive than negative reviews out there on the nano. I am getting mine by the end of the this week and ill be happy to offer up my personal opinion. Key thing regarding my opinion, I won the nano in the 2012 FTF Giveaway this past December, so I'm relatively unbiased that particular pistol.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Ruger p series used jericho 941 taurus 24/7 if u had more specific criteria i could give you a more cohesive list

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
CZ82 in 9 MAK and CZ83 IN .380. Both extremely accurate and reliable. 82 is a little harder to find. 83 is readily available. Both in the $170-$270 range depending upon condition.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts