Quadrail

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by cankiller, Jan 28, 2012.

1. cankiller

cankiller New Member

I have a Sabre Defense AR-15.......I also put a sniper HAwg light on it for vermin porkers in the way.......light mounts to scope......

problem.......light illuminates the hard sight on the front end of the hand rail

solution.....quad rail and mount the light there.....

Question......what is a good quad rail that will mount easily to the gun and hold the weight of the light

thanks in advance

CK

:)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  2. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I have a Midwest Industries on mine,i really like it.

mctar17p.gif

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

You also can get MOE handguards (with a small rail section for the light) which are an easy and inexpensive install.

Nice rifle, I always liked Sabre Defence. How is the polymer lower working out?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  4. Hookeye

Hookeye Active Member

You can use a Midwest Industries mount for a single scope ring that fits in the triangle of your front sight assembly. Think they are 35 bucks.

[​IMG]

5. cankiller

cankiller New Member

No issues with the lower.......I like the way it feels

6. cankiller

cankiller New Member

Sounds like a great fix........how do you think it would effect barrel harmonics?

7. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Does the light and laser actually help at the ranges you would use that scope? I would probably reassess my accessory choices then see if I really need a quad rail.

8. Belltactical

Belltactical New Member

Anything in contact with the barrel affects "harmonics". The right question would probably be "will the harmonic resonance affect the accuracy of the weapon enough that I should worry about it from a practical point of view?) in which case the answer would most likely be, "naw, not enough to lose sleep over".

And before the retired Seals and competitive bencher rest guys jump all over me, notice I said "practical".

60 degrees and sunny and I've got the range all to myself. Nice Sunday any way you slice it.

9. cankiller

cankiller New Member

The laser would be good for out to 600-1000 yds if the gun shot that far(acurately)

the light.............its the brightest light I ever held in my hands.....its a green LED light.....lights up well out to 150yds......poor mans night vision

http://www.sniperhawglights.com/thedestroyer.htm

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVtXsK-8WI4&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

thanks for askin

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  10. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Knowing that I would follow Qs advise.