Quad rail for remington 597

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by beastmode986, May 1, 2013.

1. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

Hey guys I want to put a quad rail on my Remington 597. I am was thinking about getting a 10/22 quad rail and sanding down the stock so it would fit if it did not fit correctly. I was going to get this one but mount it upside down. That way I could have more room on the bottom for mounting a fore grip or afg.
    http://www.rimfiresports.com/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RSC&Product_Code=MNT-T228

Im not sure how well this would fit but I want the gun to still look good after I install it.
    Anyone have any advice?

Also, how much do you guys think it would be to thread the barrel? 50$???

2. hardcorp

hardcorp New Member

If you want the gun to look professionally down, have a professional do it, if it is something you don't mind playing around with and making a project, go for it. I'd tout have to sand anything down, don't rush... You can't put the undo a rushed job

3. JosephMD

JosephMD New Member

I added a 597 to the cabinet because I knew it was not the best project gun, I wanted something that I would be happy to leave stock because anything else would be a major pain :)

4. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

Ok thanks. Im not sure but I think the 597 is wider than the 10/22 thats why I was curious