Qbu-88?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by MrRogersFish, Aug 8, 2012.

1. MrRogersFish

MrRogersFish New Member

Hi everyone! I'm new to these forums. I'm also new to the the firearms world. I've had my Canadian PAL for a while but only started buying firearms recently. I've been looking around for a nice semi-automatic rifle and in my travels on the internets I came across the QBU-88 on a dealer website. I love the bullpup design it does appeal to my tacticool guilty pleasure. Unfortunately though because of the release of Battlefield 3 recently when I tried to find a review for the QBU-88 all I come up with are video game tips and reviews. Does anyone know of any reviews done on this, or does anyone own one themselves? I'd love to hear more about it. Also, does anyone have any suggestions for semi-automatic long range rifles instead of the QBU-88?

Thanks.

2. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

For long range I'm thinking and M1A or some type of AR. I've never heard of the QBU-88, but I don't think bullpup designs are known for being the most accurate design? They are very handy for close quarters though.

3. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Supposed to be a Chinese sniper rifle, AR configuration in 5.8x42, nice rifle from what I hear...................

Attached Files:

4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Take a look at the Browning semi BAR in .300 Winchester Magnum.

Accurate, long range, and really "sporty" looking. Only holds 4 rounds, so you shouldn't have any problem with Canadian gun laws.:)

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The Canadians do not have the same ban on Chinese weapons we have in the US. I do not know if they are available in the great white north, but the proprietary cartridge would give me pause. Not loaded comercially outside of China so you are at their mercy. If you could get a few cases of ammo cheap and were expecting an invasion of Red Chinese, it might make sense.

6. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I was thinking of their very tight control of semi-autos and detachable mags.