Px4?

Discussion in 'Beretta Forum' started by Deigoboy, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Deigoboy

Deigoboy New Member

I have a revolver now, and I'd like to add an automatic to my arsenal. Lol...I have it narrowed down to the PX4. Good choice? If you had to do it over again, would you still choose the PX4?

2. LikeABoss

LikeABoss Member Lifetime Supporter

Would choose it again and again and again.

3. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

The Px4 is a nice pistol, but I HATE the stupid safety. It completly ruins the gun for me. Flip up to fire is opposite of almost every other pistol, add that to the fact that its frame mounted as well.
    I also dont understand why Beretta didnt make it to use the M9/92 mags. So now rather than buy milspec mags for what? $15 each? You have to buy new mags for upwards of $35 each.

If it used M9/92 mags, had no manual safety, and had a frame mounted de-cocker I think I'd be in love. But, for now I'll stick the the M&P and XDm.

4. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I would shoot an M&P and a Glock before I committed to a Px4. I really like the 92fs but the decocker behind my thumb is a major PITA. The decocker is something you will never get used too. I had a Ruger P95 that has a similar decocker. I never got used to the decocker.

5. Defiant_one

Defiant_one New Member

I agree with John Deer

The Beretta is nice but I think you get more for your money with the GLOCK or S&W.

What model where you thinking, full size, compact ?

For just slightly more money (not much), try the CZ 75B or CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical...THAT is what a 9mm handgun should feel like..:D

I am biased, I own the tactical. Had the Beretta (brand new) and sold it in 3 days.

6. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

God meant the decocker to be where SIG places it. I could never figure out why anyone, who is not an orangutan, would want a decocker on the back of the slide.

7. Defiant_one

Defiant_one New Member

Thank you...

That description made me laugh out loud !!! I pictured Clyde from the Clint Eastwood movie, Every which way but loose...

8. Deigoboy

Deigoboy New Member

Right turn Clyde!! Lol ...I've never shot an automatic before, so the positions of the safety and decocker won't feel awkward because I don't have anything to judge it against. It would be about just learning how to deal with them where they are at. I'm looking at the full size PX4, and all I find are good reviews. Hell, out here in CA, I called 8 different gun shops, and all of em were sold out!!

9. indy36

indy36 New Member

I don't like the PX4. Does nothing for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

10. infidel686

infidel686 New Member

While not my primary firearm I would never sell mine. Thousands of rounds and never a malfunction even with reloads. Takes a while to get used to the sights but once you do. Very accurate.

11. endobro

endobro New Member

I wish I would have bought the PX4 first rather then my M&P. I think its s great gun. I have the compact and im fairly accurate with it for still being under a 1000 rounds down range total for all guns shot combined. If I had the money I'd buy a full size in .45 to add as well. But I'd also like to add an M9 inox too.

12. Britinusa

Britinusa New Member

I have the px4 compact I converted mine to a G model with the low profile decockers I love it, easier to carry than my 92fs which the decockers on that never bothered me until I converted the px4
    The px4 is accurate and easy to aim combat style shooting it's very good and the sights were dead on right out of the box

13. indy36

indy36 New Member

It just looks so bulbous to me. Not slim and trim at all. And do you have to flip the safety up? It should go down like a 1911 or an HK. Up is something I can't get used to. I sold a PPK for that reason. And that bore axis looks really high. It would be a no go for me...but then everyone is a critic and it's about you.

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1405120118.885291.jpg ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1405120129.542503.jpg

14. endobro

endobro New Member

This is the sub compact which definitely looks like a fat monkey. The compact and full size use the rotating barrel where the sub compact does not I also think I read that the rotating barrel lowered the bore axis but dont quote me on that. But in my opinion the rotating barrel gives it less felt recoil.

15. indy36

indy36 New Member

Look at the new Arsenal Strike One pistol. You want to talk about low bore axis, this thing has it nailed. And it's nice and flat. No rounded bloated shape here. ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1405127552.710035.jpg ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1405127567.047401.jpg ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1405127576.295928.jpg

16. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

If it feels good to you, go for it. It's a hell of a pistol and tough as nails...ultra reliable. Had a Glock, sold it. Never thought about it again...wouldn't ever want to part with my px4 compact!

17. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

As far as the arsenal strike one, its not even imported for sale in the US yet.

18. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

I have two of them, the full size .45acp and the sub-compact 9 mm. Both are totally reliable, not one malfunction and I just ran 300 rounds of Tul-ammo through the 9mm without a miss.
    I grew to love the sub-compact because in spite of its short sight radius I shoot it as well (actually better) than all my other handguns.

19. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

It does indeed look bulbous and its intended to be carried with the de-cocker in the up position, double action on the first shot and single there after. I would suggest you actually try one before critiquing you might be surprised.

20. indy36

indy36 New Member

It's true, I might, but I can't see it beating the HK I have. Guns are so 'personal opinion' and I realize that. No offense and none taken. I have my favorites and certain features I value from experience over the years doing IDPA. I don't see many PX guns out there, like zero. It will kill people, it might work great, but it's not a competition favorite.