PX4 Storm or Walther P99/PPQ

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Church, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Church

Church New Member

I'm looking to get a new pistol and I want to get some input here first. I'm looking to either get a Beretta PX4 Storm or Walther P99/PPQ. Held both and they both feel good. I'm wondering if anyone here has had good or negative experiences with either. Which one would you choose?

2. reloader97

reloader97 New Member

At the range not long ago somebody next to me had a P99 they where shooting sub sonic ammo and about 2/10 it would jam.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I had the p99c. Great gun, ate whatever I fed it, very accurate, never had a single issue with it.

4. adamsls2

adamsls2 New Member

my first handgun was a px4 storm 9mm. great gun. i now have springfield xd 9 mm and 40 cal but i will prob go get another px4 storm here shortly. i feel a tad bit more comfortable with the storm. jus my .02 worth.

5. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

My personal choice would be the Storm. I don't care for Walther's myself. My opinion is if James Bond hadn't carried one nobody would know them from a hole in the wall. Now that is just my opinion. Both of those guns are pretty common and there is a good chance you will find a range that rents them both if you look around. Go rent them both at the same time and shoot them side by side and make a decision based on your own experiences.

6. mdemotte

mdemotte New Member

Own the Px4 .. Love it!! Easy on the recoil.. Love the trigger.. Accurate... 0 problems.

7. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I concur ;)

8. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

My Walther ppq is awesome,love it. Accurate,great ergonomics,best trigger on Amy poly gun I've ever shot as well

9. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

Also have a PX4 and in 40 cal. Great to shoot and no problems.

10. TNBlackSheep

TNBlackSheep New Member

I'll give another vote for the PPQ. Converted my brother who was die-hard Glock...now he has 3 PPQs. He's got well over 500 rounds through the 3 of them with no problems whatsoever. It's the A#1 gun at the top of my list and the only one that would make me think about trading in my XDm.

11. Mdrums

Mdrums New Member

PPQ has a great trigger...both are equal great pistols...just get which ever gun feels the best in your hand.

12. psymmonds

psymmonds New Member

I have a Px4 9mm. I chose it over the beretta 92 because of its looks and how well it fit in my hand. Beretta is a good brand. The only issues I've had with the gun were when my friend fired it, it had a jam. But I'm pretty sure it was because the mag wasn't loaded well. Otherwise no other issues have come up. 1000+ rnds have gone though and only the one jam when it was new. Sights are good, fires, looks, and feels good.

13. 1ucky8astard

1ucky8astard New Member

I shot a P99 on the range this weekend (just moved to MD and am dealing with all the shenanigans involved in being a pistol owner), as a rental. Everything about it felt right but the trigger, which felt inconsistent and too plasticky, in my humble opinion. The USPcompact I fired on the other hand, was a grand ol' time.

Shoot what feels right, but I'm not sold on a P99 at the moment.

14. msup752

msup752 New Member

I used to own a Storm with rotating barrel. It was a nice gun and i never had any issues with it. I sold it 8 years ago because I ditched 9mm. Now 90% of my shooting is 9mm!

15. Westsidebob

Westsidebob New Member

I shoot a PX4 Storm 40 caliber, I love it. Looks good, carries good, I like the da/sa and the decocker /safety. Only about 300 rounds so far of cheap tulammo, and various self defense loads, never had a failure of any kind. I think it's a great fun!

16. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

I have the PX4 9mm subcompact and the 45 full size I love them both absolutely no issues with either.

17. Dragonheart

Dragonheart New Member

PPQ best trigger out of the box of any striker fired handgun. Accurate and reliable. You won't be disappointed with the PPQ.

Just stay away from the XD or XDM until they get the striker retainer roll pin fixed.

18. Sparky51

Sparky51 New Member

Let me add a vote for the PX4. Recently bought a his and hers. I bought the full size 45 ACP and my wife bought the sub compact 9MM. Both are great, absolutely no problems. The small 9 is a real pleasure to shoot. Accurate and low recoil. The 45 is a perfect fit for my hand.

You will not be disappointed with o e of these.

Now to find a good left hand holster for the 45.

19. jyo

jyo New Member

I vote P99/PPQ---I find the Beretta to be somewhat chunky---Walthers have always been good with me!

20. TNBlackSheep

TNBlackSheep New Member

I've heard that about the P99, but the PPQ has the trigger issue fixed for sure. As someone above mentioned, PPQ has a fantastic trigger.

There are many, MANY XD and XDm owners that would 110% disagree with you on that, myself being one of them. XDms are great guns and the only issues come from extensive dry firing, which is easily avoided.