PX4 Storm (.45acp) and semi-wadcutters...?

Discussion in 'Beretta Forum' started by SurfGuitar, Aug 10, 2014.

1. SurfGuitar

SurfGuitar New Member

In the next couple of weeks I'll be acquiring a new PX4 Storm full size in .45acp.
    In years past I did a lot of Bullseye shooting and have approx 600 rounds of 200Gr. semi-wadcutters I loaded for Bullseye competition that I shot through a Kimber Limiter Edition Target Match. That gun is being sold to a friend but I'm keeping the ammo.
    I'm wondering from those who have the .45acp Storm if you have ever tried shooting semi-wadcutters through it, and did you have any feeding problems with them........?

600 rounds is a lot of reloads, especially when you make them on a single stage press, I'd hate to think they wouldn't work with this new pistol.....

2. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

Try them...them you will know. They're reloads...no one makes them exactly the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

3. SurfGuitar

SurfGuitar New Member

200Gr. semi-wadcutters come in two basic forms, short nose, and long nose. My Kimber eat the long nose wadcutters all day, every day without a single stove pipe. It hated the short nose wadcutters and gave me all kinds of feeding problems. The ammo I have is of the long nose variety so I'm confident they will feed, but I was hoping someone on the forum who has a full size Storm in .45acp and possibly tried feeding it semi-wadcutters would chime in......

Either way jimmyp I will try them when I get the pistol......