Pushing Daisies

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by notdku, Sep 25, 2009.

1. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I know there are several Dead Like Me fans. Anyone like Pushing Daisies? By the same Creator. Really pseudo reality surreal aspect to the show much like Dead like Me.

2. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Wife and I watched it. Very surreal in a happy and simple way. I like the writing as well, their dialog always flowed well. The best part though was the excessive clevage shots, every woman on that show wore a low cut shirt. :D

3. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

Explain "excessive". Assuming that the women in question were adequately endowed, can you have too many cleavage shots?

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I loved Pushing Dasies. It was one of the better shows on last year. I got burned out on CSI: LV and CSI: Miami

How many CSI women show up to a dam crime scene in swamp in 110* temps and 100% humidity with a sweater vest on and high heels? Then it was all about that drug using idiot Delco last season and this season is going to be just the same. CSI: NY is the only one I like anymore.

I like Gary Unmarried myself. It is funny and his ex his smokin hot.

NCIS: LA is odd it is ok they are more tech and gadget bond oriented and I think LL Cool J is a much better actor than he ever was a rapper. But being HQed in an old water treatment plant COME ON. Should have set it in San Deigo to make it a little more realistic. I will give it a chance.

5. Yunus

Yunus New Member

For my tastes no, you cannot have to many. It was excessive in a good way.

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I don't think it was enough. I would rather have all the women on a show toppless. But I think the FCC and Tipper Gore would have something to say about it.

7. user4

user4 New Member

Always meant to check it out. I have a huge gamut of shows I get to watch all year round. This season it's Sons of Anarchy, Dexter, Californication, Nip/Tuck, House, Entourage, The Office, Big Bang Theory, and TUF.

But throughout the year there's : True blood, Big Love, Burn Notice, The Unit(RIP), Life, United States of Tara, South Bound and Out, Sarah Connor Chronicles(RIP), Battlestar Galactica(RIP), Flight of the Conchords, Hung, Weeds, Brotherhood, Kings, My name is Earl (RIP), Lost, Prison Break(RIP)

Not to mention the loss of great shows like : The Sopranos, Carnivale, Rome, Dead like me, Six Feet Under, and Deadwood. HBO: Where great shows go to die.

Throw in Dallas Stars hockey, Texas Rangers Baseball, and Cowboys Football in between all of those. Aside from this, I really don't watch a lot of TV other than the occasinal History channel, Discovery, or NatGeo channel show.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  8. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Damn looks a lot like my TV program likes and tastes, glad I am not alone. :) And, I did Like Pushing Daisies, especially that little blond spinner gal with the chipmunk voice and the 38 chest, who just so happens to be originally from Oklahoma. :)

Jack

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

This is something that I have yet to watch. *writes that down*

Anyone watch MAD MEN?? About an ad agency on Madison Avenue in the early sixties?? Surreal!

I can't believe THAT was a recognized work environment for my parents... LOL

JD

10. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Mad Men is a great show. If anyone wants to start watching it, make sure you start from Season 1, don't just start watching whats being shown now, you will miss a lot of background. It's a show where the characters really grow and change.