Purchasing my first Glock

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by unclefister, Dec 17, 2013.

1. unclefister

unclefister New Member

I'm purchasing my first Glock this week and I have decided to go with the Glock 21. Does anyone have any concerns on this piece. I have seen great things about Glock in general. Hopefully this is the one.

2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I'd look into the SF version for the slightly reduced grip size. I bought my 21 a few months before the short frame version came out. Trigger reach is much better on them for folks with medium to small hands.

Even though the grip on mine is fat, it hits where I point it, and hasn't choked on any ammo I've fed it. If you are military you should look for one of the Glock Law Enforcement dealers. They may have specific Glocks for sale to Military, LE, first responders, that are sold at a discount price and come with three mags, instead of the standard packages and prices. The box will have a blue label. If a dealer says they have the LE Glocks and hours doesn't come at a discount, and all three mags, you can report them to Glock. They may lose their dealer status.

3. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

If it fits YOUR hand and you like the trigger, what's not to like.

We have all read everything there is to know about the Glocks.

New Glock owner check list.
    [ ] need gun
    [ ] need black, plastic gun
    [ ] don't need leg
    [ ] need to sharpen knife
    [ ] need flute

Hope this helps. It saves a lot of time reading any of the other threads.

4. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

^^^^ hahahha.

[] Need to summon Unicorn

5. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

The 21 is a great gun. I had a gen4. The grip is a little smaller than the gen3 so it fit my hands pretty good. The trigger pull is smother than my gen3 guns and I could shoot it better. The recoil isn't bad at all. I could get back on target quicker than on my G22. The .40 cal is more snappy while the .45 pushed back.

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

OP, excellent info from SSGN-Doc as usual. Most people prefer the short frame version of the G21, it works well for average size hands.

7. G30USMC

G30USMC New Member Supporter

The 21 is an outstanding weapon, disregard the "Glock haters", I carry my 21 on duty and can not say enough good things about it !

8. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Amen on that! I have a 26, glocks are good guns.:)

9. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

my father in law just got HIS first Glock, a G22 Generation3. for free!

turns out one of his buddies decided to rid himself of his gun collection. they say a fool and his money are soon parted, but then again, I wish I had a friend or two like that lol

10. unclefister

unclefister New Member

I'm a Retired SSG from wounds I suffered in Iraq. I'm really familiar with 1911's and Beretta's. From what your all telling me, the 21 is a bad bitch. I think I'm going to go with it. I will check into the Military pricing at the law enforcement deal. Thanks everyone.

11. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

All I can say about a Glock is shoot several Glocks before you buy one. You will either love a Glock or hate it, there is no middle ground.

12. unclefister

unclefister New Member

I have shot a 36 and the 21. It seems like my pinky finger does not fit on the hand grip but that's alright. I don't think it matters to much. They are smooth and a nice feeling gun. Some people I have talked with can't stand them but I really like them. The 21 is what I'm gonna go with

13. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

My first experiance with a Glock was a Glock 21SF, my last duty weapon before retirement. I LOVED IT!!! I loved it so much that after I retired I bought one of my own. It truely feels like an extension of my arm and it almost seems that I can't miss with it.

14. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

If the hands match the size of the dude in the avatar, a G21 will fit in said hands.

I have a police trade in G21, it shoots where I point it, every time I pull the trigger on a loaded chamber.

I seriously doubt you will regret acquiring Glocks, and more than one will likely show up in your safe in the future.

15. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

This is how I bought mine after I retired from law enforcement. Got a great discount and, as you said, three mags.