Purchasing advice.

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Gade, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Gade

Gade New Member

Hello, I've been looking around all over trying to get a decent estimate of the value of a friend's shotgun I'm looking at. I haven't hunted since I was a teenager and decided to jump back into the fray this year.

It's a Remington 1100 w/ full wood stock bought in the early 90's, 3" receiver, 30" full choke barrel. He's also throwing in a 24" cantelever rifled slug barrel, a tasco pro red dot scope and a synthetic thumb hole stock.

He said there's a small patch where the blueing has worn a little but other then that looks and functions flawlessly.

He's asking $450, thoughts?

Thanks!

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

simple answer. BUY IT!:D

BTW, welcome to the forum! stop over in the Introductions Section and say hello to the other members.

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Sounds like a good deal to me.

4. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

That's a good price. I was going to say a value right around $600 with everything he's throwing in.

5. bigjim

bigjim New Member

Sounds like the price is right, if he's a good friend he might bring it down to $400.00.

Jim

6. Buckeyeborn

Buckeyeborn New Member

I'd say go for it I have never heard a bad thing about one

7. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

If it is a 3" Magnum Model 1100, it was made before 1987, because they quit making those when the 11-87 came out. It will most likely not function with light loads. Other than that it is a fine gun, and with a 2-3/4" barrel will be very versatile. I have a 1966 edition, and it is my main waterfowling gun. I have owned over 40 shotguns, and shot most of the others, but I still prefer the 1100.