Purchasing a rifle.

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Lance, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Lance

Lance New Member

Hi,

I need some help in purchasing a rifle. Ok so to begin, this won't be the first rifle I've ever fired so im not looking for anything weak, in fact the opposite. I'm looking for a rifle that is a lot of fun at the range as well as having enough power so that if I ever wanted to go out hunting with it I'd be quite succesful. Now I only have about $400 to spend give or take a couple bucks. I don't mind buying used but new is definitely prefered. Any suggestions?

Thanks to all who reply in advance. I appreciate the help!

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Welcome to the FTF Community. You will find that a lot of the folks will be a lot more forthcoming with their experiences if you stop by the introduction section and introduce yourself to the members. I will leave that up to you.

As for the rifle, are you talking $400 including optics? Or as a whole package.

Also when you are talking about a good range gun you can take hunting, can you narrow down what you are looking for in a rifle?

A magnum caliber like the .30-06 can be uploaded or downloaded to hunt ANYTHING in North America. But it will kick MUCH harder than a short action caliber like the .308, which can also be up or down loaded, but not as effectively.

JD

3. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

Check either .270, .308, or 30-06 of Weatherby Vanguard, Savage Edge or Marlin XS7