purchase

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by rigjumpr, Oct 9, 2011.

1. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

Let me start by saying that I have searched for the answer to my question with no luck. maybe, just maybe, someone on the forum could help. Situation: At this time I am in Russia on business. I may have the opportunity to purchase a Kalashnikov (semi) automatic rifle. What kind of hassles should I expect? Other than the airlines who else do I need to notify? (If the deal goes as planned)

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Yes, very large hassle. You would be importing a firearm into the US. Several things you will need to do, including determine IF that rifle CAN be legally imported into the US.

As a minimum you will need an approved ATF from 6 http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5330-3a.pdf to get the rifle into the US. Many people hire an import firm, such as Simpson LTD to do the paperwork. Ain't cheap.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011

3. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

thanks for the info. I knew you or cane would chime in with some direction. thaks again

4. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

Upon further review, and the information provided by c3. I believe I will purchase through normal channels, although this would have been one hell of a deal.