Punisher: WarZone

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

$4 Million in opening box office. Do I really need to say more? This movie was an abomination.

First off - The Punisher DOES NOT carry twin, chrome, modified Beretta 93R's. The Punisher carries 1911's. Period. End of discussion.

Dominic West, who is a good actor, tried to go all Heath Ledger with his performance of Jigsaw. He failed miserably.

Aside from a couple of good gun fights, and one decent use of the under the barrel grenade launcher on his tricked out M4 - this movie was not worth being made.

Save your money. Watch it on PPV if you must. I am sure it will be available from Netflix in about week....

JD

2. junho806

junho806 New Member

to me Thomas Jane will always be The Punisher...
    he's young, handsome, but yet very dark and scary and i think he played the part well even though the movie overall didn't get a good rating (i still loved it)
    when i saw that old guy playing The Punisher...eww
    not the mention the whole Berretta thing cuz those custom 1911's from the first movie were ballin!
    :D

i'll take you advice JD and wait until i comes out in the dollar theater
    :rolleyes:

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Yeah Thomas Jane did a good job with the role, but he wasn't dark enough ( well, the script wasn't dark enough ). The whole thing with the Punisher is that he is haunted, he couldn't protect his family, and they were taken from him.

He isn't the raging alcoholic like Thomas Jane's character. The Punisher is supposed to be dark, he is supposed to have very few redeaming qualities other than he cleans up the streets as he sees fit.

This character in WarZone is closer to the truer Punisher character, but the guy playing the role wasn't really right for the role, other than being big, broading and having dark hair.

That idiot mailman from Seinfeld plays his weapons guy, which is completely ridiculous.

All in all it's just a not very well done product - which was why it was released in the "second" season ( around the holidays ).

JD

4. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I also loved the custom 1911's in the first movie, just watched it last night actually (for the 5th time). Maybe cause I'm partial to the 1911 platform cause I carry one every day.

P.S.- I thought the popsickle scene was hilarious!

5. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

your talking about the second punisher movie. the first one sucked the big one

6. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

nice avatar junho806, what made you switch em up

7. user4

user4 New Member

What the hell? They made such a big deal about his guns in the first one. How ghey.

8. junho806

junho806 New Member

hahaha
    how inquisitive of you to notice
    it was tripping people up too much...
    thought i would put an end to the confusion
    if you look the last few comments on my AR-15 thread you'll understand
    haha

9. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

i see, your last avatar was confusing. it blew my mind when you told someone in a diff thread that you could bench 240 or something like that. i was thinkin damn dont mess with her, sorry bout that

10. junho806

junho806 New Member

hahaha no need to apologize
    all a misunderstanding

but then again i could really be that girl in the avatar
    no one will ever know for sure
    i guess it'll be one of life's greatest mysteries...
    :rolleyes:
    haha

11. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

(Flaming just cuz I'm feeling evil) Obviously, both are far inferior to the Dolph Lundgren Punisher. He truly caught the subtle nuances that comprise the Punisher's psyche. Rather than worry about staying true to the comic, Dolph stays true to the essence of the character.

And the acting, Dolph BECAME the Punisher.:cool:

12. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

but staying true to the comic makes the movie better. like the punisher vs the white russian scene, was truley amazing

13. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Okay, I was just kidding, Lundgren as the punisher was awful, the movie was awful, and the only redeeming thing in the movie was the Punisher's knives.

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You're Fired!

Attached Files:

15. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

LOL (literally) Sweet!:)

16. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I liked the first one, I haven't seen the second and since everyone seems to think it's bad, I probably won't see it. At least not until it comes out on DVD.

Is there more Punisher movies than I know about? I thought the first one was the one with Thomas Jane.

17. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Yes, there was a straight to DVD release with Dolph Lundgren that came out in 1989 and featured Louis Gosset Jr. as his police mentor/helper.

It was pretty much garbage, which is why it went straight to video...

18. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Gosset & Lundgren... boy, you're bottom feeding now.

19. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Hey, Showdown in Little Toyko with Brandon Lee was a classic. Plus Tia Carrere got nekkid. :D

20. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I'm now all over Amazon looking for Showdown in Little Tokyo, pig that I am.:eek: