pumpkin killing this morning

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by jjfuller1, Dec 3, 2011.

1. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

so my fellow shooting friend called last night on my way home and asked if i could go shoot pistols this am. so i had a couple small pumpkins left on my porch still that i hadnt disposed of yet. and i also raided my neighbors garbage for his large pumpkin he also was throwing away. took all three of my noise makers, xd .40, SR9c and .22/.22mag revolver. my friend brough this ruger p235 and his brother who has not really shot before.

so we started our day by giving some good instructions/directions to his brother. we had him shoot the .22 first about 20 or 30 rnds, switched to the .22mag, 20 rnds then to the sr9c. he did pretty well with all of them. i think he may start joining us for future outings.

my friend stayed wi his .45 mostly. he had adjusted his sights and wanted to play.

i mostly practiced with my xd, but shot a few off at the end from my sr9c.
    my xd performed well. my first string were all in dead center mass of my siloutte with the only movement being up and down. with about 5in. between top and bottom shots. after shooting paper a little we broke out the fun targets.....

Attached Files:

2. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Looks like y'all had fun!

3. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

That'll teach em.

4. fmj

fmj Active Member

What a mess!!!

But like riding the dirt bikes/quads....bigger the mess, the more fun was had!!;)

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

It looks like a whole lot of fun!!!

6. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I'd say they are definately dead