Firearms Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making an account and post because I just want to post my finding/problem with the Beretta APX Carry. Ok, so I purchased my APX carry a little over a year ago for carry, I have shot around 500 rounds of different bullet brands, weights as well as some hollowpoints of different manufactures. No problems whatsoever other than the front sight screw came loose after the first magazine. Loctite and no problems since. Well yesterday I figured I would shoot a few mags through it when I was shooting some other firearms. FTF every round. The malfunction was a bad one with the round being caught by the extractor but not high enough on the breechface to hit the ejector so a magazine removal and wiggle was required to drop the round out. Further inspection revealed the firing pin was staying protruded blocking the round from being allowed to go up into the breechface completely therefore stoping the slide about 3/4in out of battery. When I realized this was the problem that was inducing the malfunction I tore down the slide. Everything was clean and dirt free, but what I found was the screw retaining the striker spring on the striker had backed out. I guess since it had backed out it was increasing the striker spring tension that would overpower the firing pin spring causing the firing pin to be forced to stay stuck out of the breechface causing the malfunction. I loctited the screw and have not had problems as of a few mag dumps. Hope this information can help someone and keep from having to send to beretta unless that is what you wish to do!

Attachments

·
Supporting Member
14,227 Posts
Barefoot,

Thank you for the information! Glad you have joined us! Also have you contacted Berretta about this issue. I am sure they would like to know of the problem.
When you have time go to the Introduction Section introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about your weapon experience.:)

Reactions: 9mil

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Barefoot,

Thank you for the information! Glad you have joined us! Also have you contacted Berretta about this issue. I am sure they would like to know of the problem.
When you have time go to the Introduction Section introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about your weapon experience.:)

I will do that now, thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
The APX Carry isn’t a true “APX” it’s just an exterior resculpting of the Beretta Nano. I think stories like this highlight the difference.

They’ve just released a new version of it that is actually rengineered, so that should have fixed the problems.

It was a mistake for Beretta to ever release a “fake” APX under the APX label. That exec should be fired.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The APX Carry isn’t a true “APX” it’s just an exterior resculpting of the Beretta Nano. I think stories like this highlight the difference.

They’ve just released a new version of it that is actually rengineered, so that should have fixed the problems.

It was a mistake for Beretta to ever release a “fake” APX under the APX label. That exec should be fired.
I knew that the carry was basically a reskinned nano clone, but what I found was the nano used a polymer striker peice and the carry used a metal one. And from disassembly videos of the larger APX’s the slide looks the same as well as the frame components.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts