Pu sniper ''clone''w/scope prob...

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by m72law, Feb 15, 2010.

1. m72law

m72law New Member

my recent purchase of a ''clone mosin Pu sniper''...i bore sighted the barrel to the scope..it wasnt far off the bull @ 50yrds...elevation was spot on!...windage -5 not so great....after filing a little on the mount...its grouping very well @50yrds..my sight picture is about perfect in the scope.but i dont understand the calibration process?...it says :By loosening the 2 small calibration screws on the windage and elevation knobs, the top portion of the knob can be turned without moving the reticle. Set the windage to 0 and the elevation to whatever range you were firing at (in meters). Tighten the calibration screws, and you're done...well when i do this the reticle still moves with the two cal. screws loose or taking them all the way out!...has anyone else ran into this prob with these reman scopes?

Attached Files:

2. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

There are a few things you can do before attempting the knob adjustment. If you are shooting (poi) left, there is a pad w/ 2 protrusions at the back of the mount, not the base, those need to be filed down ever so slightly. A stone would be better. If you are shooting right, you need a shim. W/ the windage adjustment, you loosen the screws, pull up on the knob and bring the disk to zero. Depress the knob and tighten. This is fine for minor adjustment as it will move the reticule.

3. m72law

m72law New Member

thanks jp...YOU THE MAN!

now maybe i can kill me a bull before i go into work:D