Ptr 91?

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by afi1, Dec 29, 2009.

1. afi1

afi1 New Member

I'm considering picking up a PTR 91 SC. I'd probably run a 30mm 3X9 and hunt with it every now and again. Any owners here? Thoughts?

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

PTR's have a good rep. Not quite an HK but far better than the run of the mill Century build. If you do not know how to check bolt gap, read up on that first to make sure the gun is proper. Any other tweaks are pretty easy/cheap.

3. Zacsquatch

Zacsquatch New Member

I have found them to be superior to the HK even. They are made on HK tooling but they tightened up the specs and went above and beyond. I owned a cetme and knew how the crap shoots. I also have a few thousand rounds on a HK 91 and the PTR. I found there to be less malfunctions with the PTR (1 out of 800) than the HK (1 out of 300), a faster rate of fire and the match grade thompson center barrel was deadly accurate.

You will not be dissapointed with the PTR. I want their Varmiteer in .243 very badly!

4. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

I've been wanting the 16" ptr-91 for a long while now. I've done a lot of reading, and they seem to be the way to go, if you like the cetme/hk design. Now, if I can just find the money...