Pt 840

Discussion in 'Taurus Forum' started by bbdude454, Sep 7, 2013.

1. bbdude454

bbdude454 New Member

I like this gun but it is sensitive with ammo, it will shoot Winchester 165 grain perfectly. Any thing else won't eject properly, maybe once or twice a clip. I'm new to pistols and this amazes me how much difference ammo can make in the working of a gun.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I noticed how new you were when you used "clip" to mean "magazine".

Ammunition will definitely have an affect on handgun performance, point of impact, and reliability.

Some firearms a very ammunition sensitive

3. moss44usb

moss44usb New Member

Have any trouble with Speer Lawman? Mine stovepipes the stuff.

4. bbdude454

bbdude454 New Member

I haven't tried those but I have tried some Remington they stove piped mine also. Had tried a couple of other brands that I can't remember now what the names were, but so far the Winchester have shot perfectly. I was ready to send my gun back because thought there was a problem with it.

5. moss44usb

moss44usb New Member

I have shot Blazer, Herters, Remington in mine the Speer were the only problem.

6. Jshpt840

Jshpt840 New Member

I have had my pt840 for about 4 months and have only had 1 stovepipe. I usually shoot 165 gr Winchester fmj, but also have shot Winchester jhp and cci fmj with no problems. I've put about 600 rounds down range with only the 1 stovepipe. My friend threw me some blazers and no prob. This is my second taurus, had a 357 magnum snub barrel, this .40 is way more fun and very accurate. I'm a new taurus man after this pt840

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014