Pt-25

Discussion in 'Taurus Forum' started by bikerlbf406, Aug 14, 2013.

1. bikerlbf406

bikerlbf406 New Member

Well I was at a pawn shop in a near by town (about 15-20 minutes) from where I live to get my Uncle a gun, and while I was there I just browsed their show case to see what they had and a Taurus PT-25 with beautiful rosewood grips for $220 caught my eye. It was brand new and I instantly fell in love with it and even though I really can't afford it right now, I bit the bullet and when on and put it on lay-a-way. Price out the door after tax and their background check fee, was just shy of $240. Maybe after I get this paid off, I can come up with the money to get me a Taurus PT-22, with the same grips, for I'll have a matching set.

2. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

Biker, I owned the pt-22 years ago, neat tackle box gun. Aside from being insanely loud, it jammed every brand I tried to put through it, any mag that went in it. I never did fire a full magazine without a jam. Liked the design, not quality enough to own. Look for a beretta with the tip up barrel, a Tom cat I believe? Much more reliable. Sold that pistol and got one that shoots.

3. bikerlbf406

bikerlbf406 New Member

Well I'm sorry you had such bad luck with your PT-22. From what I know, it and the PT-25 are not bad guns, and I suppose any brand can have a POS gun out of the bunch. I do know that Taurus has a lifetime warranty for the original owner of the gun, so hopefully any problems I may have will be fixed...if it gives me to many problems, I'll then make the decision to keep or get rid of.

4. JW357

JW357 New Member

This is inaccurate. The Taurus warranty follows the gun, not the owner. It is much better than what you implied.

http://www.taurususa.com/repair-policy.cfm

5. bikerlbf406

bikerlbf406 New Member

JW357 thanks for correcting me. I knew it had a lifetime warranty, I thought it was just for the original owner, however I stand corrected.

6. bikerlbf406

bikerlbf406 New Member

Well there was a change in my finances from what was planned out for this month and what money was going to what, and I was able to get my gun out of Lay-a-way today. I can pick it up from 5:50pm on on Friday, however since they close at 6pm, I'll probably just end up picking it up Saturday morning. Once I get it home, I'll be sure to post pictures.

7. JW357

JW357 New Member

Good news. Hope you enjoy.

8. bikerlbf406

bikerlbf406 New Member

Here's a couple pictures of it.

Attached Files:

9. JW357

JW357 New Member

Those grips are beautiful.

10. bikerlbf406

bikerlbf406 New Member

Yes they are, especially for stock grips. Really make the gun look like a beauty.

11. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

And what did your Uncle say?

12. bikerlbf406

bikerlbf406 New Member

He thought this one was nice.....but he still liked the one he got better......he got a 20 gauge shotgun (can't recall the brand, but it was one those w/ the 18.5" barrel single shot 2/3rd shortened butt stuck with thumb hole that you hold in your hands and isn't fired from the shoulder, and it has a place in the butt stock to hold 2 spare shells

13. RUG3R44

RUG3R44 New Member

I've carried a Taurus a PT 25 in my pocket for over a decade now and it has never jammed, failed to fire, or malfunctioned. Mine has a light, smooth, DAO trigger and it's a pleasure to shoot. However .25 ACP ammo isn't cheap and I want to get a PT 22 poly to practice and have fun with. I have a Glock m23, and a Taurus PT 145, that are much better defensive weapons but I'm fine w/ the PT 25. :)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013