PSA Torture Test trailer... More to come

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Quentin, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Looks like PSA is working on a torture test like the two that Daniel Defense did!

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B8teWlhw6Yc&feature=plcp[/ame]

2. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

Good marketing tool. Fun to watch.

3. brettc

brettc New Member

LOVE IT. Keep em' coming

4. Garadex

Garadex New Member

I really like the part where it was dragged behind the car, I'm a simple man and trying to break things makes me happy.

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Yeah it's just a trailer for now so I expect a longer video to come.

6. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Lol, a man after my own heart!

Keep it coming Q!

7. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Cant wait to see the whole video . They have been talking about doing this for a long time . Thats some serious abuse and I love to watch it ;)

8. Quentin

Quentin New Member

9. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Well I guess my secret's out. :rolleyes:

10. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

PSA's stuff is great. Honestly, it's what BCM was a few years ago. That's not to say BCM's quality or service has since suffered...but a lot of folks caught on, BCM became highly desireable and cool, and prices came up a bit due to mile-long lines waiting for their products. That's success that they've earned. But I put PSA in the same boat when it comes to actual quality.

All five of my builds have PSA/Magpul LBKs. One has a PSA barreled upper, two are on PSA lowers. I'd rather they be on DD, Noveske, or BCM lowers, but that's for no other reason than 'coolness' resale value. PSA's products are absolutely outstanding and their pricing is always fair...and often better than fair.

If someone wants to undertake their first $800-$1200 build, PSA is exactly where I'd point them to get started.

11. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Update yesterday from PSA...

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

If they were serious about testing their gun they would send me 10000 rounds and a rifle. If its gonna get broke ill break it....

13. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Lol. If only it was that easy. But I'd ask for 50,000. Especially if they send one of there excellent FN CHF barreled rifles. 10,000 might not cut it. Hehe

14. Quentin

Quentin New Member

PSA has said the rifles they tortured had the FN non-CHF barrel!

15. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Naw a true test would be at least 100, with 30k rounds each. A better test would be 1k just to get a viable sample size.

16. Squawk

Squawk New Member

That's probably better seeing as they sell more uppers/rifles without CHF barrels.

17. JonM

JonM Moderator

My bcm carbine has the fn chf barrel its a sweeeeeet shooter. The wife has the non chf version.

If your going psa or bcm splurge a little on the chf.

18. Squawk

Squawk New Member

I did. Very sweet shooter indeed.

19. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Well crap. And I thought I was done buying for a while.

BTW- the BCM (gen2) ambi gunfighter charging handle is outstanding and worth the extra $25 or so.

20. Quentin

Quentin New Member

My Daniel Defense has their CHF barrel that DD makes in house. My BCM and PSA have the FN non-CHF. All are 16" midlength. The DD and BCM are pencil barrels and the PSA is their slightly heavier "lighter profile". I really can't see much difference in accuracy since I use irons/RDS and 2 MOA is fine by me. Haven't tried a scope though that would be interesting to check groups fired from a rest.

I will say the DD CHF is slightly nicer (fit/finish) and is 2 ounces lighter than the BCM/FN non-CHF. So CHF isn't a bad idea at all.