PSA rifle kit

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by e43jimmy409, Aug 8, 2012.

1. e43jimmy409

e43jimmy409 New Member

I am looking at the 16" mid length light weight hammer forged kit. This will be my first ar. I looked at bcm but I don't know if I want to get in to doing an upper yet as I have never messed with putting a gun together. What is your opinions on the kit and kit vs upper + lower builds. Im am just plinker and want to step up from rimfire

2. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

The PSA kit is a fine kit but its not going to be any different than the BCM upper. They will both be built and be ready to pin on.

3. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

I assembled my lower from a PSA parts collection I ordered. My upper I ordered complete from BCM, and it's been a ball.

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

The main difference between the PSA kit and buying an upper are extra parts to build up a stripped lower. Either way works. I chose to go with a BCM upper last time to use on a lower with parts of my choosing.

5. e43jimmy409

e43jimmy409 New Member

The BCM's dont come with BCGs or charging handles right?

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Nope but just order them. Your gonna have to learn to take those out to clean it anyway. It takes about 5 seconds to remove it .

7. e43jimmy409

e43jimmy409 New Member

I was just looking at the added cost

8. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Yes ur right about that it will be about $100+ more and palmetto has free shipping thru Sunday also

9. e43jimmy409

e43jimmy409 New Member

when ordering a rifle kit do i have to send a copy of my FOID card(illinois) or is that just for ammunition/ lower