Firearms Talk banner

PSA ORC 16'' 5.56 CL with a 1:7 twist.

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Txhillbilly 
#1 ·
Took my Palmetto State Armory ORC 16'' 5.56 AR-15 out today for the first time. We were using Wolf .223 55gr FMJ and HPs for ammo. So after the first round I experienced a FTE and the bolt locked up on me with the round in the bore. After freeing it up and determining it was the magazine the rifle performed flawless. The attached photo is one of my groups with iron sights at 100 yards since that's the farthest this range went. It held tight groups all day and seemed to get better as we put more rounds down range. The trigger was nice and smooth and for a stock weapon IMO has been the best I've shot with I believe it is in the range of 4-5 lbs. Although I haven't shot anything but USMC issued M16A2s, A4s and M4s that have been used and abused so I don't have much experience with civilian ARs. Nonetheless it preformed great and I'm extremely happy with the purchase. Eventually I will take it to a range that has a 300 and 500 yard line and give another range report. I also have the Magpul MOE hand guards that I put on after I purchased it and they held up real nice. They didn't have any movement in them and the attached forward grip with integrated bi pod that I picked up for 15 bucks held steady as well. My only issue that I had was getting a good cheek to stock weld, but I did eventually find a nice spot to rest my cheek that gave me the proper eye relief. All in all it is a great rifle straight out of the box for any level of shooter. I would recommend it to anyone.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
If you put some 75 grain rounds through that amount of twist, you could keep the same group at 500 yards! Nice shooting!
Thanks. Yeah the range was only 100 yarder so I can't wait to open her up to 500 with some reloads and see how see does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.