PSA letdown

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Squawk, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Squawk

Squawk New Member

I recently received a LBK from Palmetto State Armory. I am very pleased with the kit except for one problem. They sent me two Rear Takedown Pins and no Front Pivot pins. I understand that demand is unprecedented, but if it is going to take 3 weeks to ship an order, make sure it is right.

I have emailed Customer Service. I'm hoping this gets taken care of quickly or I will be very displeased. Heads up to anyone ordering parts from this company.

I was hoping to take my new build out for the first time next weekend. Here's hoping they fix this in a timely manner.

2. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I ordered some stuff back in November. They left one item out that showed ship. I emailed and called the day I got them. In 3 days I had the other piece in hand. They came through for me there, so I'd expect them to come through for you as well. What makes me wonder is, if you are sold out of everything anyone wants, why is shipping so slow? Preselling inventory not yet in hand or what?

3. Squawk

Squawk New Member

How they handle this will determine whether I order from them in the future. I understand demand is crazy but I have heard of things like this happening with PSA. I am one Front Pivot Pin away from completing my first build ever. So I am a little frustrated after waiting almost a month for the LBK.

4. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I ordered most of my parts from them back in October, they didn't send me my Magpul sticker (big deal:rolleyes:) but they also left out the trigger guard, so I emailed them.

About a week later I got a padded envelope full of Magpul stickers, no trigger guard.:(

So after another email I finally received a trigger guard... Sans the installation pins.:mad:

I just went to my LGS and bought another trigger guard with pins as I was tired of waiting on PSA, great products, sucky service. I'll probably still buy from them when they are out of their infancy though, the product is that good.

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

let this be a lesson to you ... buy a back up LPK ;)

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Agree 100%, an extra LPK is a good thing to have.

BTW Squawk, you can test out your build now. Go to a hardward store and find a pin that will fit temporarily.

I got an LPK from ArmaLite years ago that came with an AR-10 pivot pin (too large of course). I found a pin at Lowes that worked until ArmaLite got the right pin to me.

I wouldn't be too critical of PSA, they do a great job overall. I had one order messed up but got it straightened out. Love my midlength upper from them. And LBK and a couple other small orders.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  7. Squawk

Squawk New Member

If I could find another LPK, I would purchase it. :)

8. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

plenty to be had prior to the election :p

9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

+1

A lot of us who've been around the block a time or two starting picking up things before the election. It wasn't hard to predict what could happen, many of us remember 2008-9. Sandy Hook took us by surprise but the election didn't.

Of course this isn't fair to newcomers but lots of folks who should have known better got caught up in this. I hope things ease up over the next few months.

10. Squawk

Squawk New Member

I went to the 4 LGS in my city today. None of them had a Front Pivot Pin. Only one had a LPK. CMMG for $119.99. I'll pass on that price.

11. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Did you think about a temporary pin from Lowes? That's what I did until ArmaLite sent me a replacement pivot pin.

12. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

A nylon carriage bolt and nut will secure the upper until you can get the proper pin. The nylon will not damage the finish on the receiver. Just find a home depot that wont mind you bringing your AR with you. :)

13. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

yup I keep a extra LPK on hand and lots more extra detents and springs, hammer springs , trigger springs , you just cant have enough of that stuff , not to mention if you find a extra good deal on a lower you don have to wait for extra parts you already have them . :) PSA will take care of you , good folks there , hell I ordered 2 LBKs MOE and they forgot one MOE stock , buffer and tube , quick email and I had it a week later . I have ordered a metric sh!t ton of stuff from them and they always take care of me if there is a problem .

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  14. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

One of my LGS has a DPMS lower parts kit, or they did a couple days ago anyway. Pre-hysteria the price was 69.99 When I was in there it was 79.99 That's not to jacked up, considering their PMAGS went from $14 to currently $50.

About PSA. I will say this. I am a SC original. I love everything about SC, I even have the Palmetto Moon stickers on my cars though I haven't lived there in over a decade. I went into PSA at the Columbia store (Ferdinand road or something, I forget) and the employees in there are about as worthless as a $3 bill. I'm sure they have some good guys, I just didn't meet any of them. The 2 I spoke to seemed irritated that I asked them a question. I spoke with a guy in SC a couple days back that has an AR he is thinking of selling, and we got into the PSA discussion. He said that store was odd. He claimed the manager was a super guy, and the staff sucked. Kinda goes against the grain, seeing as staff is usually a mirror image of management, but you know sometimes chit happens. I heard the warehouse location off I77 was the place to go, and they have the best selection of stock. I'll still use them, however it will be internet sales as I won't waste my time in that Columbia store anymore. Shame to, they have a nice setup there, kinda like a mini bassproshops with all the stuff they have. There's actually a Sportsmans Warehouse just down the street from them.

15. Squawk

Squawk New Member

I reciever a response email from PSA today, apologizing for the mistake, sending a replacement as soon as possible and thanking me for my patience. We will see how much patience I have. It depends on how long it takes PSA to get me my pin so I can finish my build.

16. Quentin

Quentin New Member

S, in case you missed it :p

17. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Hehe. Thanks Q. I saw it. In just gonna wait to get the part. Call me crazy. I'd rather wait. Looking for a back up LPK now.

18. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Ok, just saying that of all the parts in an AR that's one where you could make do with just about anything to at least test it out. Even a skinny ballpoint pen.

19. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Ya. I appreciate the advice. Probably not gonna have time to shoot in the next week anyways. I'll just wait for PSA to fix the problem.

20. brettc

brettc New Member

I've had MANY transactions with PSA, yes I've waited sometimes 3 weeks for an item, waited 15 days for 20 mags I ordered from them and received today. Orders have always been correct and they will keep receiving my business.