PSA AR to order

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by trip286, Jan 2, 2012.

1. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'm always shopping, always keeping my options open, and always looking at stuff. Pocket book has a lot to say in anything I do though. Some of you AR guys take a look at this. This is hypothetical of course, at least for now, but would a man need anything other than this to get his AR of choice built and ready to go? Other than the magazines and ammo of course...

http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/8818.php
    http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/1560.php

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I really like that kit.

What you have linked is all you'll need.

In fact I'm trying to decide b/w that and going w/ a M16A4 look-a-like w/ KAC rail similar to the one I was issued in basic training or their M4 and adding the 7" KAC rail like the ones we used once at my permanent unit.

Let me know what you go w/ as I'm really interested in a review.

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

I've been wanting to get a 1911, but as I mentioned in another thread, if things keep going the way I think they will, I don't know how much longer I'd be able to get the AR of my choice (especially considering how scarce money is in my household). I already have a good hand gun that I'm quite fond of.

What about tools? Assume I don't have any, what would be needed? And I wouldn't be trying to build a new one all the time, so cheap but workable is more desired.

I'd like one with a KAC rail like the A4 too, but I simply can't find the exact one I'd want, and I also like the A2 style anyway, so no biggie there. The A2 is what I was issued in boot camp, the A4 came about a couple years later in the Marines. I shot better with the A2, I think it was due to the size of the fore end, and even though I like a rail, I would also like being able to remove the hand guards easily for cleaning the dust and grit out from under them.

Is there any kind of attachment that will add a short rail under this type of hand guard, just to mount a forward grip?

4. jwsturr

jwsturr New Member

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  5. trip286

trip286 New Member

Carry handle with rear sight is an add on option with that upper. Its what I'm used to, so its what I'd go with, and maybe upgrade to a good optic later.

6. jwsturr

jwsturr New Member

Just remember not to order them at the same time. PSA's warning on the lower order page.

"Due to Federal law, if you order an AR15 lower and AR15 parts, we will have to add an additional 11% Federal Excise Tax to the purchase price of the AR15 lower and AR15 parts. This amount will not be reflected in your shopping cart or on your invoice, but will be added when your order is processed."

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

Yeah, I figured on having the rifle kit shipped to the house, and just ordering the stripped lower through a local ffl. They might even have one in stock at the store, you never know.

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

Thanks for that link, exactly what I was talking about.

Wife is cool with the idea, especially since its a good bit cheaper than the 1911 I want. All that remains to be seen is how much a car its going to cost me, and what strikes me as a must have if/when I have money in hand. I have a habit of changing my mind at the last moment.

9. jwsturr

jwsturr New Member

"I have a habit of changing my mind at the last moment."

I do the same thing. Add to cart...Remove from cart...

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

I've emptied and restocked the cart about 30 different times at PSA and armalite's website just since last night!

11. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

LOL , Its pretty addiciting isnt it . I had 4 different uppers in the cart and eliminated them one by one until I finally figured out what I really wanted , Only took me 3 days to make up my mind and hit the checkout button . Looks like I will have my uppper long before my lower will even think about shipping

12. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

W/ the A4 it's a specific rail to make it a "replica".

You can add a rail section to the bottom of a standard plastic hand guard.