PRP Ultimate Match trigger

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by aandabooks, Dec 15, 2013.

1. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Anybody else have one in their XDM? I put one in my 5.25" and what a difference. Trigger pull is half of factory and the reset is incredibly short. I didn't think the factory trigger was bad at all. This is my current USPSA gun.

2. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

Is Ur XDm a 45? I ask because i'm very interested in the 5.25 45 I hear it's as or more accurate then a lot of high end match pistols. It's a toss up between the XDm and a double stack 1911

3. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

9mm. I shoot it in the production division. I have heard the same thing about the .45.

4. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

I'm sure the 9mm is a tack driver as well. I know Glock machines its .45acp barrels on different machines, wonder if Springfield does as well?

5. hillbillygrunt

hillbillygrunt New Member

How hard is it to install? Or did you take it to a Smith? Ive been looking at them and I read some of ruger kits have to he fitted. Which one did you get?

Sent from my C811 4G using Firearms Talk mobile app

6. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Took about an hour. There is some stoning and filing to be done. The overtravel stop on the back of the trigger has to be taken down quite a bit. I put in the Ultimate Match kit from PRP and it is definitely worth it.

7. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

Have you measure the pull weight? Is too light for everyday carry?

8. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

It averages 3lb 2oz on my scale. I took extra care to stone the pieces to a mirror like shine. It is a light trigger and I don't carry yet here in Illinois. I don't know that I would carry it due to size and better options in my lineup.