proud father

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by md1911, Feb 17, 2012.

1. md1911

md1911 New Member

Not sure its the best timing but proud of him anyways

2. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Thats good news for sure. Gotta be one proud daddy right about now.

3. md1911

md1911 New Member

Yep sur am I was navy but still I'm proud.

4. Paladin201

Paladin201 New Member

Good show. Congrats, and convey to him that there are at least some people back here who appreciate and thank him for his service.

5. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Tell him thank you for your service from a man who was not allowed to, but would have given anything to serve. And thank you for your service.

6. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

I'm in the same boat. Would love to serve but cannot.

Thanks to all that do. You will never know how much you really mean to me.

7. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

First off congratulations on being a proud father of a soldier and on a family lineage rich with military service and patriotism,we need more families like yours.

Man I lost almost 90 pounds to join the marine core,got it done got into shape and started my paperwork... got turned down at MEPS for some slight high frequency hearing loss in one ear. Not only that but instead of sending me to my doctor to get the ball rolling for a waiver.... then put me back on the test to fail twice and got me with a permanent disqualification. The Corps is downsizing big time because of budget cuts and are trying to stem the flow of recruits however they can it seems to me,the same recruiting station has been sitting on two of my buddies paperwork for months now. Rumor is they may start handing out disquals for flat feet again.

But anywho I got my heart broke that day at the MEPS station,didn't know what to think of myself for a while afterwards but I guess there's different plans for me. I can't say anything bad about the Marine Corps though,it motivated me to radically change my body and lifestyle and im a different person because of it. God bless the ones that did get in though and went on to serve our country

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  8. fireguy

fireguy New Member

Congrats to you for raising a son who would do this for us. Give him a big hug from me for his upcoming service. After he finishes basic and gets his assignment get hold of your local American Legion. Most all Legion Riders chapters will be glad to attend a send off for the young man. Good luck.
    Tell him our whole congregation at my church prays for the armed services every week.

9. md1911

md1911 New Member

Thank you all for you're thoughts and comments

10. vincent

vincent New Member

I'll third that motion...:mad:

Much congrats to you and your son, I'd be very proud too!! :cool:

11. rocky

rocky New Member

Congrats!!!!

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Kudos and thank your family for their service. [​IMG]

13. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Congrats. Thank you both for your service.

14. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

That's great news!

Congrats to him and your family.

15. md1911

md1911 New Member

Everyone on here is very supportive and I'm gratefull. Just wish the rest of america could understand that you don't have to like what our government does. You don't have to agree with the armed forces to love and appreciate the men and wemon serving. Thank you all for the support