Pro's and Con's on this

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by TheOldMan, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

M16/M4 Scope Mount Base

I'm hoping the link works. Essentually a scope mount that adapts to the A2 carry handle. Seems impractical if you cannot use both the A2 sights and/or the optical sight mounted on top..

Any thoughts?

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Uh. It's plastic. And it's made for Airsoft.

Not two criteria I really embrace when looking at mounting real world optics on any of my AR's.

But, to each his own. :rolleyes:

JD

3. ranger_sxt

ranger_sxt New Member

I don't like them.

They raise the optic much higher than I like on the gun.

If you absolutely cannot get away from a fixed carry-handle gun, take a look at the "goose-neck" mounts.

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I have no idea whether it's a good product or not but I did find it funny that they use a flattop with a detachable carry handle in their pix. Remove the handle and mount the optics...

5. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

OMG I was not really paying attention to that. :eek: Can I get a Mulligan for this thread?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

LOL - Oh. Okay. :)

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Want the metal version, and one for a real gun?

Get it from the same place the US retailers do.

Try this;

lamp4us eBay Store

Click on the 20mm Weaver Scope Mount Rail For M4 Carry Handle 15A It's <$10 including shipping!

I have one, it works well and it wont cost you an arm and a leg!

[​IMG]

DO NOT RAG ME! It's my daughter's 22lr. Yea, I know its on a flat-top but this mount allows her to use both iron sights and the scope.

I have purchased from these guys in the past and they are legit, above average for china made parts and their shipping is fast (~1 week to Florida) for as far as the item needs to travel. They mark every order with "gift" so there is no customs issues.

Look through their other items. Check out their faux ACOG's. The Chi-coms steal the designs of everyone and make their own. Cheap. These guys seam to find the better knock-offs.

They have a * canebrake * approval rating.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.