Props to the moderators on this forum

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by tjacobson, Jul 13, 2012.

1. tjacobson

tjacobson Member

I have to take a second to thank the moderators on this forum. I belong to the Glock forum and once again, on the verge of being banned because of not supporting their agenda. (support of Obama Care)... I can't stand someone who lacks the ability to accept there may be an opinion opposite of theirs and when threatened because your response to them cannot be defended, they threaten to kick you off.
    I have loved this forum from day one and never discussed anything of saw anyone that was rude (everyone has their moments), or plain mean. This is a great forum and I for one wanted to say
    great job to the mods and thank you to the members...

2. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I'm a member of a few other forums as well, I rarely use them and one in particular the mods will close a thread for no apparent reason and must approve your thread before it is posted, its ridiculous.

This is my favorite forum and has been since day one.

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Thank you very much. I am a new Mod here and I never realized how hard the job was. I appreciate the positive feedback because it's been a little rough around here lately. :eek:

4. one_crazy_dude

one_crazy_dude New Member

+1. I enjoy coming here and reading/learning with out all the b/s I find else where.

5. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

This forum is my home and always will be.

6. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

They are owned by the same company that owns the Glock Forum, but yes, this one is much better!!! Thank you from me as well. :)

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

While i still consider myself new to the mod thing i thank you for the kind words :)

just be civil to each other. Its ok to be passionate about your thoughts and remember that the folks your disagreeing with have valid feelings and opinions too!!

8. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

There are NO valid opinions that contradict mine!

Only countless opportunities to educate misguided souls...:D

Kidding...and good job mods! There are a few of you who get your panties in a twist on occasion but hey, don't we all? :)

Tack

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

The MOD position here is not what anyone who wanted the position was asking for. :eek:

You have to read every thread. You have to respond to every reported post. You have to avoid any direct altercation with ANY member. You have to remain IMPARTIAL, no matter WHO is posting.

The mods here have always been fair to those that post RELEVANT topics to THIS forum!

Come here and be a troll for the sense of your own self purpose? You'll be banned by the reported posts alone. :eek:

Bash a name brand due to fanboy allegiance? You are going to eventually hang yourself with stupid, fanboy blinded, statements. :rolleyes:

The mods have an impossible job.....but they show up here everyday, read every thread, every post and they keep the peace, no matter what.

Could you do that? Without prejudice? Really?

JD

10. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

You support obamacare? BANISH HIM!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Donn

Donn Active Member

TJ, old sayings become old sayings for a reason. Never discuss politics, religion or another man's wife, (I added the third). All three are a shortcut to a black eye or getting banned from certain forums. I'm as opinionated as the next man and sometimes it's a struggle, but I try my best to reserve comment and stick to guns and gun issues.

12. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Donn we actually have a politics thread for supporting members. Certain topics are off limits for non-supporting members to avoid problems but just about anything goes behind the curtain. There are many benefits to being a supporting member.

Now that said. This is the only forum I am a member of and it will stay that way until I'm banned. Lol
    I recommend FTF to everyone I talk to that deals with computers and guns and I recommend becoming a supporting member to everyone here.
    I love this place and most of the people here. The mods are great, except for winds. J/k winds you're my favorite.; )

13. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Rough = active. Not particularly a bad thing, its all in how you view it. I see it all as entertaining.

14. vincent

vincent New Member

Ya bunch of brownnosers!! :D I kid, I kid, This is the best forum bar none on the web. From top to bottom, you won't find a better group of people anywhere in cyberspace...(or real life in some cases:eek:)

Thank you to Admin for creating this place, and thank you to all the underpaid catherders who sometimes have their hands full but do a great job keeping us cats in line! :cool:

15. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

Hello all, I to would have to agree that out mods are top notch. With that said, for the rest of us who seem to be set in our ways and beliefs open discourse is good would you agree? But along with open discourse a certain amount of respect has to be employed when disagreeing with each other as soon as the name calling starts, our point of view loses credibility (IMO) and we seem desperate and childish.
    Keep up the good work Mods.

T.

16. tjacobson

tjacobson Member

I do not support Obama Care and I was on the political forum.

17. tjacobson

tjacobson Member

I agree. However it was a political forum.

18. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

I also want to give credit where credit is due. The mods have done a great job of keeping this forum civil. I have found this forum to be a great source of information and even good humor. I once belonged to a different firearms forum that seemed to be controlled by a vicious group of thugs. They were brutal if anyone dared to disagree with their way of seeing things. The moderators did nothing to stop these attacks. I think their message was, "You are either with us or against us!". That forum, at least under the same name, is no longer around. I wondered if someone in there stepped over the line and got them shut down.

19. tjacobson

tjacobson Member

Very valid words...

20. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I did a little modification there, but I agree. I usually do not talk about my religious or political views. Though I was recently labeled a liberal because I lived in Illinois. :mad:

Yeah, that seems to be the general consensus. :cool:

Cat herding? On occasion I feel like an unarmed prison guard in the middle of a prison riot. I'm not calling you all prisoners I just couldn't think of a better metaphor. But that is only "on occasion". I do believe this is the best gun forum on the internet. And it trickles down from the top. Thanks, Notdku.