Proposed Virginia Gun Legislation

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by RayVa, Nov 26, 2019.

1. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Some of the parts capable of making a "compliant" firearm non compliant by themsleves are also a felony now (when/if the law passes). Spend some more time reading the bill. Its designed to be impossible to comply to without disarming yourself.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    RJF22553, towboater and ellis36 like this.
  2. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

Yup, in addition to two of my Minis (and a CX4) going to my nephew out-of-state, two folders for my Minis will also need to go. And of course, any mags >10 rounds...I've spent more time than I care to admit reading/studying the proposed bills. A few "minor" changes would make things a bit better (changing "any one" feature to "any two (or three)" would improve my lot. Still horribly wrong. Adding a grandfather clause would help immensely.

But the whole damn thing needs to go down in flames.

Thankfully, our County BOS is on track to declare our county a "2A Sanctuary County". Doesn't do much, but adds to the several counties that have already declared and perhaps puts some pressure on the state legislature to perhaps back off - if just a little...

My new "compliant" Mini-14 arrives tomorrow.

towboater and bluez like this.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Our home county (Powhatan) just joined the list of 2nd Amendment Sanctuary Counties here in VA.

bluez, RJF22553, primer1 and 3 others like this.
  4. danco

danco New Member

Yes, and it's name is Michael Bloomberg.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  5. RJF22553

Spotsy is voting this coming Tuesday. Expected unanimous vote for it.

While picking up my new commie-compliant Mini-14 today, had an interesting discussion with the FFL. His county (that voted 2A Sanctuary this week) is also considering its residents to be deputized, making them "law enforcement", which exempts them from the restrictions. Interesting take...!

6. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member Supporter

Well it looks like the LEO's and military installations in Va will have their hands full.... Cuz we all know that they are the ones with "Assault Weapons" ...:mad::mad::mad:

primer1, ellis36 and bluez like this.
  7. Caveman Jim

This was the demise of Washington and Oregon, gun owners that sat on their couches and let it happen.
    It's called the Ostrich syndrome where active duty and prior military, LEO's, hunters, CC license holders that believe that these type of anti-gun laws will never obstruct their gun uses so they vote for them or throw their vote away.
    These misguided idiots, gun owners who do not get involved and the uninformed voters have ruined America.
    Nothing short of a RESET will just keep the slow destruction of the Constitution and the Bill of rights.
    We the people MUST get involved!!!

8. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

I keep telling people.. Instead of spending lots of dollars to hoard guns and ammo in case there is tyranny.. If we spent just half of that money on donating to the right groups. such as numbersusa.com judicial watch, 2nd Amendment foundation, etc then we wouldn't have to worry about the incipient tyranny.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  9. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

One resistance technique might be this:
    Get a Burner phone (or figure out how to spoof call over the internet .. there are how-tos on youtube)
    Once the law is passed.. Call the VASP with an address were you observed or heard assault rifles.. the address of course is a military post .. training range (those are not hard to find over internet as well.) Were of course truthfully such gunfire cna be heard.
    Let them look like jackasses driving up to the gate.

When "buy backs" are offered... get a megaphone. and from a public side walk in earshot of the people waiting in line "registration begets red flag SWAT raids that kill your children!! Registration begets Red Flag SWAT raids that kill your children!"" Again and again. Be sure to be far enough to not obstruct in any physical way the goings on ( so to avid arrest.. if you are retired you may not care.. I wouldn't.. getting arrested gets more press anyway)

Some Drones can also carry loudspeakers or leaflets (u have to buy them "registered" now but i am sure there are work arounds)

Find the adresses of local VA reps who voted for this (after it passes) and get creative..

Do not let enforcers wallow in thinking they are enforcing "just another Law".
    They are not.

Also you might hand them, or stuff the mailboxes of a cop shop, tahts co located with a Govt center copies of this letter. ( also has tips how people outside of VA can help. Make the tyrants squirm in frustration and hatred because they cant reach you when you are out of their jurisdiction)
    https://www.ammoland.com/2014/02/an...en-and-women-of-the-connecticut-state-police/

Be an activist. Be obnoxious and unforgettable!
    These are the tactics of the left.
    We must adopt them.

Be creative! Do something!!!
    If Virginia can fall then so can the rest of the country!
    Dont let it fall!

PS: Read Alinsky's "rules for radicals"
    They hate us.
    Hate them Back!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Caveman Jim likes this.
  10. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

It's much worse than that. For example; only a small percentage of NRA members ever donate the price of a case of beer to support their gun rights.

Gunowners, in general are a lazy bunch that rant and whine on gun boards. They refuse to express their desires in writing to political candidates and politicians. They put a lot of stock in "petitions" that political types totally ignore along with e-mails. They refuse to attend political rallies in support of pro gun candidates. Many never bother to vote.

Yep, Bloomberg is a liberal, scurrilous gun hating zealot who puts his money where his mouth is. Where is the "conservative" gun loving billionaire equivalent of Bloomberg?

11. Tincup

Tincup New Member

What recourse do we have?
    Is there an up to date list of 2A sanctuary counties?
    What should be expected if we do not comply?

12. Caveman Jim

Well I believe that most all the billionaire conservatives keep their mouths shut because if they speak out for the 2A then their bottom line gets compromised by massive media blitz for liberal boycotts.

I agree that most gun owners are a lazy lot, don't want to get involved in politics. Hell I was that way when I was working 60-80 hours a week on the road contracting, raising two kids and trying to settle down. Once I did find a local job then I got involved big time because I saw what was happening in my little world. I was pissed that MORE taxation was was passed EVERY SESSION and people just buried their heads in the sand and re-elected the same bassturds!!!

If the next generation is as bad as this tide pod eatin munchins, America as we know it is gone, as most baby boomers will be too.

bluez, ellis36 and alsaqr like this.
  13. Caveman Jim

I've been active in the legislative sessions for over 12 years now here in Washington. We face an uphill battle every session these crooks are in Olympia but I keep at it when health allows it. I am tired of the constant corruption here but If I don't do my damnedest then who will?

bluez and alsaqr like this.
  14. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

My involvement in fighting gun control began with the runup to the gun control act of 1968. i was a US Army NCO stationed in southern MD. Joseph Tydings, US senator from Maryland, was the mover and shaker in passage of the GCA 1968.

To make a long story short, among other things, my wife and i hauled pro-gun voters to the polls on election day 1970. We were called CATs, Citizens Against Tydings. CATs were NRA members, but were not sponsored by the NRA.

Tydings was defeated for his leadership role in the GCA 1968.

http://somd.com/news/headlines/2013/16749.php

Ye gads, look at Maryland today.

Caveman Jim, towboater and bluez like this.
  15. RJF22553

Will go to our county's BOS meeting next Tuesday for the vote for 2A sanctuary. Pretty much All I can do legally. I think we'll add to the rolls of 2A Sanctuary Counties to the point where it cannot be ignored.

16. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

What would G Washington or T Jefferson done about these types of gun regulations?

17. hairbear1

hairbear1 Well-Known Member

They'd be turning in their graves at the amount of lies and deception that has happened all in the name of 'just saving 1 life" syndrome.
    In fact it's all in the name of Big Brothering the population so that they're easier to control and if you don't think that's the reason just ask those in Germany who lived through Hitler's reign or Stalin's reign then look at Pol Pot and any other dictator's rule.
    One of the 1st things they did was disarm the population then fed the kids propaganda bull**** in school and university so that the next generation grew up compliant...................you can see the same things happening here with the UN and it's policies and the anti gun window lickers.

IF and I use the word loosely the anti's get their way with banning/limiting guns what will they go for next?

tomgodd, RJF22553, Tincup and 4 others like this.
  18. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Freedom of speech. You can see it already on college campuses across the country.

ellis

19. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Not to bash the idea RJF, but just how well did that work out in NY? Most of the counties there, with only 6 not voting for it, or voting the idea down, called for the repeal of the Unsafe Act by late 2013, but it is still in effect there.

Don't get me wrong, I still am a member of both SCOPE NY, and the NYSR&PA, even after moving away 5 years ago, and I am still signed onto the class action suit started by a local 2A attorney out of Buffalo, so I'm still in the fight there. As are several of my friends and relatives, in NY, and formerly from NY. However, the time to fight this is not after it happens, then unify, but before, which we didn't get, due to how the Unsafe Act was passed.

Pushing for a 2A sanctuary county is a good idea, several doing so, even better, but remember, the PTB CAN ignore it, as we have seen in several states since 2013. The time to start contacting congress people is NOW letting themn know how you will vote in 2 years, should they vote in favor of any gun control measures. Same with the governor, should he chose to sign them into law.

For those of us not living in VA, you may wish to do the same with reps from areas that would have seen your lodging and travel dollars, as well as the governor, informing them that you will be vacationing and traveling elsewhere, should such laws come to pass. It can't hurt the situation, and may help.

I fully agree with Alsaqr in his earlier post, in that we are a huge part of the problem, as we can't ever seem to get on the same page, or agree on much of anything (Gun owners in general.) One needs to do nothing more than post a question about what infringement is, red flag laws, CC or OC, carry licensing requirements, or reciprocity, to see this. Or even on the NRA for that matter, even before the current s*** storm started.

A divided house can not stand. That is what will eventually either end in surrender of rights, Uber regulation of firearms, or conflict.

20. Tincup

Tincup New Member

The "fiscal impact", disgust. Beds for innocent patriots.
    Is the 8th when they vote on it? Is there a public comment like at a BOS meeting?

Attached Files:

Caveman Jim and bluez like this.