Proposed Biden Gun Tax Could Top $34 Billion

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by tinbucket, Nov 18, 2020 at 1:47 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinbucket

tinbucket Well-Known Member

From the Whatfinger site a link to the Washington Free Beacon.
    From NSSF
    20 million ARs, 150 million magazines would be taxed under Biden proposal.

.....Biden wants to ban new sales of AR15s and similar firearms as well as any magazine holding more than ten rounds.
    IMO: Will he try it with Executive Orders?Biden is prepared to let ATF ban Pistol Braces and 80% lowers..or make it so that only 70% lowers were available.
    Will he/ATF try to force a background check on them.The Democrats inclduing whoever is pulling the strings on a crazy anti America, mentally defective Biden=future Harris/Pelosi Administration..

Bigcat and joe45c like this.
  2. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

34 billion will be a good start on the payment of reparations.

Of course that is if everyone cooperates.

Me, guns are bad, I only post pictures of guns I find on the Internet.

3. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

Do you have an actual link so we could maybe read it for ourselves?

Chainfire likes this.
  4. tinbucket

I have not been able to fix the problem of not being able to see or send links yet. Microsft downloaded Bing , without permission and screwed everything up got rid of taht but cannot now see or send links to Thunderbird.

5. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/proposed-biden-gun-tax-could-top-34-billion/

...American gun owners could face tens of billions of dollars in new taxes to keep the guns they already own under Democrat Joe Biden's gun ban and tax plan.

At least 20 million rifles and 150 million ammunition magazines would be caught up in the sales ban and registration scheme Biden touted on the campaign trail, according to a National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) report. The new taxes would cost Americans more than $34 billion, according to a Washington Free Beacon analysis....

6. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

Good thing I don’t have any guns, lost em in a boating accident a few years back... such a tragedy. :(

Ingramite, OLD Ron and sheepdawg like this.
  7. BlackGuns4Fun

BlackGuns4Fun Well-Known Member

I can't imagine a lot of gun owners voluntarily participating in this sort of program. With an estimated 20 million modern sporting rifles in the US, along with an estimated 70 million handgun magazines with greater than 10 round capacity and 80 million rifle magazines with a greater than 10 round capacity, they might get a couple hundred thousand participants at best. Then what?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020 at 9:50 PM
    7point62 and Ghost1958 like this.
  8. tinbucket

They know that and they have no soul no morality. I am wondering about how they intend to enforce it. It would bee tragic if gun dealers had a fire in the records cabinet.
    There have been accounts of several of these commies desiring raids and armed seizures by SWAT teams etc. Now that every Law Enforcement an other agencies are part of Home Land Security in a top down organization chart, if Biden, I mean Harris/Pelosi and their commies, would some how induce or force States and Localities Law Enforcement to do their dirty bidding. As far as taxing the sales, ATF seems all to eager to be their Gun Control Agency and tax agent.

9. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

Good luck on collecting any $$$$ or confiscating any gun's.

After a few dozen Fed's get shot to death by gun owner's, they will change their minds.
    I doubt seriously that any local LE or Sheriff dept. will get involved if Biden/Harris/Beto try to tax or take our gun's. They know it would be open season on them by those of us that take "Shall Not Be Infringed" as our religion.

10. Trunk Monkey

I posted this on another form in response to people talking about confiscating guns and I'm absolutely convinced of this is the way it's going to play out

No they won't. They've already won the culture war. Once we're all old and dead they'll ask our grandkids (who have been indoctrinated by their anti RKBA teachers that guns are evil since kindergarten) to turn them all in and they will.

And it's true. They're not going to kick in your door in the middle of the night (especially since the majority of the police won't go along with it yet) they'll keep teaching your kids that guns are evil and when you die your kids will turn them in.

In a generation or so, when all the old farts on the police force have retired they'll send the new and improved WOKE Robocops after the few holdouts.

11. PatriotUntilDeath

PatriotUntilDeath Member

Y’all are upset by this? But how can you get mad when “the people have spoken”. This reliable election has blessed us with an amazing constitution loving senile man. Your rights are not your own and you should have known that. Pay your taxes on your firearms gladly. It’s a joyous pleasure.

Ghost1958 and G66enigma like this.
  12. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

Maybe in the big cities and metro area's that are mainly Liberal strongholds. But out in the rural, farming, ranching, and backwoods area's firearm's are a way of life.

As long as there are true American's that believe in the original Constitution of the United States of America just as much as they do their Bible, there will be firearm's in the USA.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  13. Trunk Monkey

Until they cut your farm subsidies, garnish your bank account and seize your farm.

If you believed in your Bible as much as you believe in your "original" Constitution (which didn't have a Bill of Rights BTW) you would know that very shortly we're going to find out that's not true

7point62 likes this.
  14. hairbear1

hairbear1 Well-Known Member

I wonder how many hardware stores are going to start running out of down pipe and water/sewer pipe because of a sudden upsurge in sales?
    I would also think that maybe a lot of backhoes and excavators are going to be very busy digging new underground "cable and rubble drains"........................................

7point62 likes this.
  15. Trunk Monkey

If it's time to bury them.....

16. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

Attempting to tax already-owned stuff would be a challenge. No way to know who's got what, though a good percentage would still be with those owners who acquired them via the initial ATF 4473 form.

The could simply go after all newly-purchases arms. Leverage the ATF 4473 transactions, issue the tax, force the person to prove non-ownership if he/she is to get out of the tax. Worst case, apply it to the IRS collections, in which case the tax bill would be X+%, and any refund would be R-%. No real way to avoid it, a pain of a system though it'd be to administer. I'd bet that would catch 90% or more of recent purchases.

For "true believers" in the despicability of an armed citizenry, nothing too good for them.

Of course, the full and complete "solution" would be to leverage the existing NFA "tax" arrangement, to declare any and all arms a taxable thing. Criminalize all, require all to have a "tax stamp" for every firearm, authorize "tax stamp police" to harass everyone at any time to validate whether such proof of extortion is in-hand (and, if not, citations ensue and the full weight of the ATF/IRS comes down on your head). Could be simply done. Given those two bureaucracies already exist, the power to attach people's wages and tax bills already exists; they'd only need to empower the LE as "tax police" and offer up hefty "reward" (kick-backs) to LE that found "criminals" who'd thumbed government's attempt to nanny them to death.

17. hairbear1

hairbear1 Well-Known Member

So to put it plainly IF this load of dog's turds gets through gun and ammo sales will go through the roof again as people get as many guns and ammo as they can.

What is it with the Democrats and the increase in guns and ammo sales as even Obama was a big sales incentive for the arms industry?
    Turning everyday normal people into overnight criminals is a sure way to have a short term in govt.

7point62, locutus and Txhillbilly like this.
  18. Trunk Monkey

This is what I honestly believe.

I have no idea to election was fair or not but I believe that God ordained Biden to be our next president. I don't like it but I'm pretty sure that's how it's going to play out.

I honestly believe that we are right on the edge of The Tribulation and I honestly believe that during that time America will not be a Sovereign Nation. I'm also convinced that some things need to happen before that takes place.

The Bible also says that at the end of time God will send a strong delusion (some translation say a Spirit of delusion) on the whole World so that those who have rejected Christ will believe the lie.

I don't believe there's going to be any second American Revolution or if there is we won't win. I believe that IF it comes down to it the majority will turn their guns in. Even if they don't the Bible says the majority of the World will WILLINGLY follow the Antichrist.

So I see no hope for America's continued future as a free Nation.

19. Notrighty

Notrighty Well-Known Member

Good god that’s gloomy you ruined my whole day.

Rifling82 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.