Firearms Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
When did (is it state law or fed law) it become law you had to be of a certain age to own a handgun? The government needs to figure out WTF message they want to send, these rights/requirements/privileges (however you view them) should line up in my opinion....

Own a gun
Defend yourself
Provide for yourself
Serve your country
Drink alcohol
Drive a vehicle

Personally I think 14 is old enough for a kid who grows up working hard and learning about personal responsibility.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't see a problem with those pictures. Kid being stupid? Sure. Kid trying to impress some people online? Probably. Ideally "Darwin" takes care of them before they reach his age....

The difference is when you were young and stupid you couldn't snap a pic and post for all the world to see.....

·
Registered
61 Posts
I finally got the stupid youtube vid to load on my work computer. Interesting education video for the the parents. Do they ban backpacks at that school too? What about long pants? I think the kids would be safest if they all went to school in just their underwear.

I will commend shnorse for following the handgun laws. I will also commend him for seeking out knowledge about a subject he is interested in. Following the law however unjust they may be and for whatever reason (self preservation or morals) is a trait of a responsible person. Educating oneself can be difficult using internet forums where comments will be made that would never be uttered in person and where many would be teachers are arrogant and self righteous.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.