Cocked & Locked is CONDITION ONE. This is common practice with many autoloaders especially 1911 type firearms. If done properly it's very safe... I keep my CZ75B in Condition One at all times.I was shocked to see how many people carry fully cocked (condition 3 ?) with no hammer break on their holster, but maybe I'm ultra conservative about how I will carry when I live where I can carry. Anyway just kicking out a thought to the group. I do not want the higher standard that this site holds to suffer from a bad idea!
* Condition Zero: A round chambered, hammer cocked, safety off
* Condition One: A round chambered, hammer cocked, safety on
* Condition Two: A round chambered, hammer down
* Condition Three: Chamber empty
* Condition Four: Chamber empty, no magazine