Propose a picture area for CCW?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by cbw, Oct 6, 2008.

1. cbw

cbw New Member

Hi all,

While checking out Concealed Carry Site they have an area where members post pictures of where, what and how they carry.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbull...ts-see-your-pics-how-you-carry-concealed.html

I have not come across anything like that on this site, although I have not looked at all the photos. I certainly do not want to take up server space, but to the moderators of this site is this a good idea? It was interesting viewing the holsters, methods, and clothing used to conceal.

I think that this would take up someones time to ensure that the photos were OK to post as some of the pictures could get out of hand if you know what I mean.(this site does have some photos that could be considered offensive, definitely not PC - lots of skin) I was shocked to see how many people carry fully cocked (condition 3 ?) with no hammer break on their holster, but maybe I'm ultra conservative about how I will carry when I live where I can carry. Anyway just kicking out a thought to the group. I do not want the higher standard that this site holds to suffer from a bad idea!

Feedback?

2. mpoirier22114

mpoirier22114 New Member

I'm not a moderator but i think it would be a good idea for a sticky thread

3. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Cocked & Locked is CONDITION ONE. This is common practice with many autoloaders especially 1911 type firearms. If done properly it's very safe... I keep my CZ75B in Condition One at all times.

* Condition Zero: A round chambered, hammer cocked, safety off
    * Condition One: A round chambered, hammer cocked, safety on
    * Condition Two: A round chambered, hammer down
    * Condition Three: Chamber empty
    * Condition Four: Chamber empty, no magazine

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  4. Ram Rod

Ram Rod New Member

I'm a member of DC, and those threads come up every now and then. I've posted many pics. IMO, it's good visuals for some of the newer folks to concealed carry, and for some of us others who might want to try something new in the way of holsters.

5. Mark F

Every conceal carry person has a preference, and it's good to see what others do to conceal.

6. cbw

cbw New Member

Thanx to all who have provided feedback. Mark F a big thanx for the explanation on the carrying "conditions" as I never have fully understood them (hence the ?). Still no word from a Moderator did I put this in the wrong spot? I'm a newbie on the site and have a lot to learn, but I'm really enjoying it!

Chuck

7. Mark F

No problem cbw.

You can post photos virtually anywhere in this forum. I have probably 75 photos floating around this site...

8. cbw

cbw New Member

So for those of us who may be in the later term of male pregnancy:
    where is the best place to carry?
    holster recommendations?

I really don't want to hear about the under the stomach holster:rolleyes:

9. shnorse

shnorse New Member

[​IMG]

can you find it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG] gun out for comparison... remington 870 with 20" deer barrel...

i am not 21, can't own a handgun... so i deal with it..
    can't wait till im 21 though.

thought this was funny...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9FF3LQlhBs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9FF3LQlhBs[/ame]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  10. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

What's the point of that?

11. matt g

You might look into a shoulder holster, appendix carry or a fanny pack. You can also go with a SOB holster or a 'belly band', but many people will tell you that those aren't very good options.

12. cbw

cbw New Member

Thanx Matt, so far I have not found any holsters made just for the EMP 40, the Colt Contender holsters are suppose to fit and member Shank was looking into them for his EMP 40. I have not heard back from him yet. The one that came with he gun is ok for outside carry under a jacket, but I want a concealable one, most likely will have to be inside the waistband.

13. matt g

High Noon Holster makes most of their holsters for the Springfield EMPs. Check 'em out: http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Belt_Holsters/belt_holsters.html

14. shnorse

shnorse New Member

just to prove that with baggy clothing, you can conceal ANYTHING...

i want to see people bending over, stretching and what not like in real world situations..

15. Mark F

Yeah well, that left-legged limp may give it away, and going up & down stairs would be a bit akward too. This is precisely why the state doesn't want you having a handgun...

16. harleysilo

harleysilo New Member

When did (is it state law or fed law) it become law you had to be of a certain age to own a handgun? The government needs to figure out WTF message they want to send, these rights/requirements/privileges (however you view them) should line up in my opinion....

Own a gun
    Defend yourself
    Provide for yourself
    Serve your country
    Drink alcohol
    Drive a vehicle

Personally I think 14 is old enough for a kid who grows up working hard and learning about personal responsibility.

17. matt g

What about one that does dumb stuff like this:

18. harleysilo

harleysilo New Member

I don't see a problem with those pictures. Kid being stupid? Sure. Kid trying to impress some people online? Probably. Ideally "Darwin" takes care of them before they reach his age....

The difference is when you were young and stupid you couldn't snap a pic and post for all the world to see.....

19. matt g

Very true, but when I was younger and dumber, I lived in the woods and used firearms responsibly for fear of having my dad beat my ass.

I was taught how to shoot at age 5. I was first taught safety and respect before I was allowed to do any shooting.

20. Mark F

Yeah?.... Well that was in the days of "yes Sir, yes Maam", not "Uh, DUDE"...

We had guns everywhere...