Proper Use Of The 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by billt, Aug 9, 2012.

1. billt

billt New Member

Here Bruce shows proper shooting and reloading techniques of the 1911 pistol as he engages multiple targets in a variety of self defense situations.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ON3_CP3mC0&feature=related[/ame]

2. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

Must be using quadruple stack magazines. LMAO

3. OldEagleEars

OldEagleEars New Member

I gotta get me some of them mags and a bunch of that blow-yer-***-clean-across-the-street ammunition!

4. fupuk

fupuk New Member

When you find that ammo i want some in .357mag, and if they have those hi-cap magazines for my revolver make sure you let me know. Im tired of my six shot magazines. They dont last long enough.

5. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I use that same technique in my pair of machine gun .45s, except, I never shoot the same man more than twice.;)

6. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

I prefer this one, its more realistic.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqMw5sBFxos&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

7. kvtcomdo

kvtcomdo New Member

Last Man Standing

It's hollywood, I love this movie:)

8. Garadex

Garadex New Member

That is why I can't stand Rambo

9. brewna01

brewna01 New Member

I always look for "the reload" when watching a movie with any shooting. I think it would be awesome to be a consultant in movies that make the action scenes more realistic.

10. DeanWormer

DeanWormer New Member

Best manipulation of a 1911 IMO that Hollywood has managed to produce. One handed press check, one handed reloads, only shoots 6-8 times between reloads although he must have had a ton of mags in his pockets.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o0Co4kbRZo[/ame]

11. DeanWormer

DeanWormer New Member

12. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

Just a guess.... Possibly had previously inserted new mag into gun in left hand (still in slide lock) and, we saw new mag being inserted into the gun in the right hand. Then he released both slides forward at the same time for dramatic effect.

13. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

I like, can we get some more please.......lol

14. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Good movie. They had a sale on members only jackets and this movie took advantage of that sale.

15. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

16. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

That really is more realistic. That is the exact move I use to parallel park when I am in a hurry. I will admit I added a little padding to the left rear bumper, because I have mis-judged the spin by an inch or two. (I am thinking there was a little oil on the road)

I can't figure how why old Bruce was shooting up the passenger side of the car, as well as the dirver's side. Maybe he was going for a ricochet off of the passenger head rest.....:rolleyes:

17. canebrake

canebrake New Member

[​IMG]

"NO COMMENT" - cane