Propaganda! Don't you Believe the Lies!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by user4, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

2. user4

user4 New Member

I know...the sign wasn't a warning, it was an announcement! My zombie license expires in less than a month. Though I could probably get a pass should Phish ever come to town...

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

That is effing funny right there.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

LOL - That's a true story if ever there was one. But is phish allowed in Texas? We might need a ruling from Robo on this one. :rolleyes:

JD

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Far more informative than an Amber Alert sign!

[​IMG]

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Actually pretty accurate. 15th and Lamar is only a few blocks from Guadalupe st. A four lane north/south rouad that runs right by the West end of the UT campus. Locally Guadalupe is known as "The Drag". The weirdos, bums, and otherwise unwashed individuals are known as Drag Worms. They do indeed have a striking similarity to zombies. The sign board is a portable one. I do not believe there is an internet connection that would allow it to be truly "hacked". Someone would have to open the controls and change the message manually.

Pfish in Texas? I am pretty sure the left wingers in Austin/Travis County would enjoy seeing them. The local "alternative" station probably plays them regularly. The other 253 counties would likely lynch them.

Wasn't the Pfish bass player the one that got crossways with the Hells Angels a few years back?

7. robocop10mm

Oh, and Zombie hunting license? There is no need to get a license in Texas to hunt zombies, terrorists and Yankees.

8. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

Yes, Mike Gordon (bass player) messed around with the daughter of a Hells Angel...IIRC, she wasn't quite of legal age. Don't quote me on that last part, but it was Mike....

On a side note, I hope Phish does get back together...I've heard rumors...

9. robocop10mm

I thought that was the band. Slightly underage daughter of a Hell's Angel...STUPID! I heard he got a major league a$$ whooping over that. Broke an arm?

10. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

Hmm, now you've got me fully curious. I'm not sure if he broke an arm, but I do recall an @$$ whooping and something of a settlement (from Mike to said Hells Angel) for the messing around.... I'll do some research (after dinner) and report back.

11. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

Okay, according to Wikipedia (yea yea, not the worlds most reliable source) and several other sites from a google search turned up that Gordon was found alone with the 9yr old daughter of a Hells Angel in a building behind a venue after a show. When he was found, his claim was that he was taking "Art Photos". The girl denies he did anything wrong.

While being held by venue security and several members of Hells Angels while waiting for the police to arrive, they were less than gentle with "Areas of his body".

He had his day in court, and was released a free man.

A joint statement between Mike and the family of the girl stated that there was a large misunderstanding of what has happening in the building after the show, and that there was no wrongdoing by Mike.

heres a link from Rolling Stone....a slightly more reliable source than Wiki...

http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/phish/articles/story/5935818/phishs_mike_gordon_arrested