Promag

Discussion in 'Company Review Forum' started by austin92, May 11, 2015.

1. austin92

austin92 New Member

First I'd like to say I'm using saiga 12 mags from Promag. The 20rd drum works but I've only used it once. I have 2 10 round mags that I use frequently. I shoot clays occasionally with cheap #8 and I think I've put maybe 20-30 00buck through it. These mags aren't abused. About 4 months ago I was loading a mag and I couldn't get the last couple rounds in so I started to unload it and the follower stayed halfway down the mag. Took it apart and the spring was in 10+ pieces. Called Promag and they didn't even hesitate, said four, yes FOUR springs for my one mag were in the mail to me. Well about 4 months go by and no springs show up and my second mag spring falls apart. I plan to call again this week. Probably toss the mags in a drawer somewhere (if I get springs) and pick up some sgm's or those steel 8 rounders I've seen. Side note, anyone have positive feedback on saiga 12 mags? Here's a picture of the worst 40$ I've ever spent. The other one broke in more places than this one

[​IMG]

2. Mongo

Mongo Well-Known Member Supporter

I haven't had any problems with the 12 guage and the 7.62x39 mags also function perfectly in my Saiga's. I would like to find some of those steel eight round 12 guage you mentioned. Haven't seen any around here. I found the 20 round drum too wide and I was having to reach around it to grip the fore stock. I was able to return it for refund.

Last edited: May 11, 2015

3. austin92

austin92 New Member

Here's the only ones I've found, never held one but online reviews look promising

http://stores.csspecs.com/saiga-12-gauge-8-round-steel-magazine/