Project Car

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Benning Boy, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

A guy in my area had a secret project car in a secret garage.

He completely created a copy of the General Lee, right down to custom decals and the Dixie horn.

So if you had the time, skill, and inclination, what project ride would you roll out?

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I've already done several. I don't copy others creations though, I like to make my own.

3. doctherock

doctherock New Member

If there were one project car I dream of building it would be a 32 Ford 5 window Deuce coupe. Same color as the one in American Grafitti. I have been in love with that car my whole life.

4. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

The powerful Mach 5 from the original Speed Racer....:cool:

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Umm, hello!! The Batmobile. And Batplane, Batcopter, Batboat, Batsub.

Of course, I'd add a huge backseat to the Batmobile. :cool:

6. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

A Saleen S7! Saleen S7TT (2005-2006) - A 750 hp twin Turbo version of the S7 with aftermarket options for packages that offer 850 or 1000 hp.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  7. bgeddes

bgeddes New Member

Road Warrior rides....

8. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I would take a 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor Ambulance and turn it into Echo-1 from Ghost Busters. FTW!!!

9. BombDoc

BombDoc New Member

Already working on it. It's the only one; so it's a PITA. If you ever get bored with your already Cummins swapped Silverado and decide to cut it in half to make it a short bed step side and then decide you need the first 24v with an Allison 1000; just hang on. 550HP at the wheels and under 5000 pounds.

I think the next one will be an 03-05 Excursion Cummins HPCR swap with a ZF 6 speed manual. There was never a manual Excursion. Should be fun.

Any project will be waiting until next year. Once I get back from the Stan I have to decide where I want to be stationed next.

10. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Member this

The auto that Bonny and Clyde was shot in in La.............:eek::)

11. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

late 60's or early 70's chevy nova, or a chevelle. Lots of horsepower and make it look very clean. I would sit in my garage for hours waxing it, then drive the crap out of it. Probroly lose my licence within a few days of finishing it.

12. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Wow. Where should I start.

I'd like to get a 67 MGB and fully restore it... not original: new electrical system; small V6; chromed spoked wheels w/ knock-off hubs; British racing green (although my original was red). My first car was a 67 MGB. It's been on my mind ever since.

1958 Buick Riviera... the king of chrome.

My father's 55 Chevy is very close to being finished, otherwise I'd include one in my list. If it is worth half of what he's put into it, it will be stunning.

The rest of my list have wings: Cessna 195; Grumman Goose; Christen Eagle; North American Mustang; and I could go on and on and on.

13. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

The Pacer from Wayne's World. Scare a Moose, will you do the fandango.

14. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I would build a car with a 2000 CID V-12 make the car look like a bullet. Then Paint the tip red the body copper and get sponsored by Hornady and a few other places. Then Take it to the salt and run it like I stole it. Trying to break 500 mph with a piston driven car.

I would need to develop Pure Carbon fiber pistons and use a few big *** huffers. No nitrous for me you nitrous guys are just losers who can't build an engine.

Something like this.

Ugo Fadini LSR Models - Al Teague's streamliner, the story

or this.

Ugo Fadini LSR Models - Burkland, the model

15. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

The pacer from Wayne's world...stretch the hood add a v8 and paint. Should look something like this:D

Attached Files:

16. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Oh I would like to build a 200 mph smart car as well......

17. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Not really any project but I'd like to own a Tucker Torpedo.

18. orangello

orangello New Member

Always wanted an early '70's Beetle with an LS1 out of a camaro, but with all wheel drive & a chop of about 2" at the A pillar (might lose that back seat).

19. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Is it me or does gate want to ride around in a penis that has butt cheeks? Just sayin looks a might bit odd. Then you add in that stuff shooting out the head (I mean front) of it and makes ya go hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm