Firearms Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got a total of about 8000 different cases boxed up in my basement to reload. I have a Lee's single stage press and would like to take a step up. I've not been reloading a super long time but thought I'd hit some of you up that have.

So... What is a solid progressive press that will hold up well? Looking at one of these http://www.midwayusa.com/product/671219/lee-load-master-progressive-press . Any thoughts or differing opinions?

·
Retired
13,660 Posts
Back in my days of competing, I always went with Dillon and their "no-BS" warranty.

Anything broke, they fixed it or sent me the part for free.

·
Banned
6,489 Posts
Yep, Dillon is the way to go in a progressive. I like the little Lee Turret for small batch straight wall case runs. The Lee Load Master Progressive was terrible. I had one in .40 S&W which is an easy case. I spent too much time keeping it running.:(

·
Banned
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
223, 40, 45, 9mm, 338 Lapua, and 308

·
RiverRat68
149 Posts
Lee Progressive

I started out with a Lee Progressive and it was nothing but a pain in the AZZ. Finally went with 2 single stage presses, that I bought used at the gun shows, I use one for decapping and re-sizing, the other for bullet seating. Only have to make one die change. :)

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I like the Lee Turret press for my rifle but if I had the money I would like to try the Hornady LNL. I don't reload as much as I used to, anymore I just get out and hunt and shoot less.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts