Progressive Press

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by CourtJester, Jan 26, 2013.

1. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

So I've got a total of about 8000 different cases boxed up in my basement to reload. I have a Lee's single stage press and would like to take a step up. I've not been reloading a super long time but thought I'd hit some of you up that have.

So... What is a solid progressive press that will hold up well? Looking at one of these http://www.midwayusa.com/product/671219/lee-load-master-progressive-press . Any thoughts or differing opinions?

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Back in my days of competing, I always went with Dillon and their "no-BS" warranty.

Anything broke, they fixed it or sent me the part for free.

3. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Yep, Dillon is the way to go in a progressive. I like the little Lee Turret for small batch straight wall case runs. The Lee Load Master Progressive was terrible. I had one in .40 S&W which is an easy case. I spent too much time keeping it running.:(

4. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger Member

Are you talking one caliber??
    The Hornady is a solid press with economical caliber change cost

5. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

223, 40, 45, 9mm, 338 Lapua, and 308

6. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger Member

You will really like the Hornady LNL feature, Fast and not expensive way to change calibers

7. TheoShooter

TheoShooter New Member

Another vote for the Hornady LnL AP. Had a Dillion 550, switched to the Hornady when I wanted a progressive, have not regretted my decision.

8. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger Member

You ended up with a 5 station, Auto Indexing press with a much better powder measure!

9. RiverRat68

RiverRat68 RiverRat68 Supporter

Lee Progressive

I started out with a Lee Progressive and it was nothing but a pain in the AZZ. Finally went with 2 single stage presses, that I bought used at the gun shows, I use one for decapping and re-sizing, the other for bullet seating. Only have to make one die change. :)

10. tri70

tri70 New Member

I like the Lee Turret press for my rifle but if I had the money I would like to try the Hornady LNL. I don't reload as much as I used to, anymore I just get out and hunt and shoot less.

11. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

1st choice: Dillon:D

2nd choice: Hornady:)

IMHO, no third choice.:rolleyes: