Professional gunsmith in Houston?

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by IVIrVViggles, May 9, 2011.

1. IVIrVViggles

IVIrVViggles New Member

Does anyone know of a professional gunsmith in the Houston area? As noted in another thread of mine I recently came into possession of two older revolvers that I would like to have examined. Also I realized that the trigger spring, or something to that extent, is broken on one of them. It is a black powder reproduction revolver, if that is relevant to finding the right gunsmith.
    Thanks.

2. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Last edited: May 9, 2011

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

4. IVIrVViggles

IVIrVViggles New Member

Well if you're implying I do a cursory search, I have already. Google only turned up a few people, one specializing in old shotguns, another on 1911's, and another who does upgrades for both of those... Considering that isn't what I need, I was just asking if there is someone who is unlisted but is still a wizard at repairing firearms.

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Sometimes the user can replace the spring themselves. Can you find a schematic of the handgun? Does Numrich have parts?

If it is like the single action, then you are talking about removing up to 7 screws, and reassembling.

6. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Hey Cane,I'm just trying to help a fella out.

While FTF my be the best damn gun forum on the net,FTF ain't the only one that I am a member of.
    I'm a member of 12 or 13 gun forums,but spend 95% of the time here.I also use the same name on all of the forums,unlike many others that change their names,so others don't know who they are.
    If I can help another member with info that's available on another forum,then I'm going to tell them where to go,to get some information that they may be able to use.