probly silly question

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by jjfuller1, Jul 10, 2012.

1. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

quick question. what is this? i cleaned my ak and had noticed the trap door before but didnt look inside. i did today and saw this spring. its not under pressure from what i can tell just in there. whats its purpose? extra part? or like a buffer? but how can it help if its not under pressure?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      30.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      27.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      28 KB
      Views:

2. okdonk

okdonk New Member

It's where the ak cleaning kit kept inside.

3. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

My yugo sks has one too, your brush, jag, an adapter all fit inside a pill shape metal container about 3" long. It pops in, the spring presses it against the back of the trap door. It must be missing from your ak.

4. tellmaster207

tellmaster207 New Member

Commie cold weather emergency pack. Goverment issue.

Attached Files:

5. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

yup i feel silly.. thanks for the answetr. yup im missing all those extra goodies.. maybe i should go to my store and complain.

6. synical

synical New Member

That is the sex hole! when you love your rifle enough the Commies made a little love hole for when your out all by yourself with nothing but your rifle! hahahaha :eek:

7. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Part of the lid of the missing container has a hole in it,

it's a muzzle guide for your cleaning rod.

8. FlukeLSX

FlukeLSX New Member

JJ they sell the butt stock cleaning kits at most surplus vendors online. I got mine for $9 and some change.

Come to find out my M10 doesn't need anything from it except the brush that's in the kit. Though with your variant you may have better use of the extra tools than I did.

All I need to clean my M10 is an ak47 surplus cleaning rod, the brush that came with the buttstock kit... and that's it.

I just wish my M10 had a spot to put the cleaning rod but it doesn't. Your variant might have a spot for it.