Problems shooting

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by lbwar15, Jul 12, 2012.

1. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

In 2004 I got shot in the left eye with a bottle rocket. I only have about 22% of my vision left in it. I also have a hole in the center of my retina.
    The problem is I am left handed. When I close my right eye to aim I can't see crap. So i thought myself to be consistent shooting right handed with a rifle and shotgun. Now it fills natural to me.
    But with a handgun it fills strange. I fill like I would be a lot more steady and accurate with my left hand. Should I shoot left handed and use my right eye to aim? Or just get more shooting time with my right hand? I know there are people who can transition between right and left with no problem at all. How long will it take for it to fill natural to me? I have not shot handguns as much as I should but that is all about to change. I'm thanking with enuf practice It will come to me.

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

My friend, I think you answered your own question :)

3. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Just time and practice

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Exactly- Gud for you hangin in there ;)

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

More practice. My step dad is left hand/eye dominant and he shoots righty. He can't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside though...
    He does it because he could never get his hands on a lefty rifle as a kid. He DOES somehow manage to get a deer once or twice a year...