Problems aiming;

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by kaikalino, Aug 1, 2012.

1. kaikalino

kaikalino New Member

Hello everyone!

My problem is this;
    I'm sure this is not unique to me and was wondering if someone could give me some advice please:)
    I recently acquired my first firearm as an adult and I have found that my eyesight isn't what it was when I was a youth.
    I am at that age where my nearsighted eyesight is not good anymore.
    I can still see at distances fine it's just that I need glasses for reading and stuff that is close up.
    When trying to aim at a target with my reading glasses on I can see the sights on my firearm but the target is a blur.
    When using clear eye protection I can see the target but my sights are a blur.
    I'm thinking of going to an optometrist and having some bifocals made where I can try and correct for this.
    Is there anybody else out that has similar issues?
    Thank you very much for any help.

2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

no idea if this helps but i was taught that your sights should be clear and your target blurry when shooting. have you tried shooting this way to see how well you can do??

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Perfect vision does not provide a shooter with range-of-field to see both sight and target in focus.

Depending on the sight-radius of the gun we're shooting, most of us only see one of the sights in focus.

That sight MUST be the front sight.

Attached Files:

4. kaikalino

kaikalino New Member

Thanks so much for this information!
    I will practice today at the range:)
    I can understand how the sight has to be in focus.
    It makes perfect sense.
    I think I was getting hung up on not being able to see where I'm hitting the target until I pull it in.
    I will report back on my reports!
    Thanks again:)