problem with my mossberg maverick

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by tieler, Jun 13, 2010.

1. tieler

tieler New Member

okay well ive had my mossberg maverick 12 ga for about two years now. its a great working gun buy i cant keep my shells in. the little lever that keeps them in is sticking and i have tried everything to get it to stop. the more shells i put in the harder itll eject it. any suggestions?

2. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I do have one suggestion, please pay attention to detail and do the Mods a favor and post your question in the apprpriate forum area. This forum heading is for:

FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions
    This forum section is for questions and feedback about FirearmsTalk. No firearm questions, only questions about the forum.

Please post your question in this forum area:

General Shotgun Discussion
    Forum for all topics related to shotguns and smoothbores.

Maybe a good chamber cleaning, they do get fouled and cause problems with ejection and maybe replacement of the the extractor and spring.

Jack

3. FlBob518

FlBob518 New Member

Did you put a side saddle on it? Even if you didn't, open the action and you will see a large screw on the other side of the action interior. Make sure that is not too tight or too loose. Too tight will freeze the action.

4. tieler

tieler New Member

okay thank you both i will try them as soon as i get a chance. also i have 00 buck for home protection to go along with my glock 40. is that a decent round?.

5. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member