Problem with my cmmg .22LR Kit :(

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by purehavoc, Sep 26, 2012.

1. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I had it out yesterday and I had some subsonic rounds that I have had forever so I thought I would get rid of those . anyway I had feed prob after feed prob to begin with then several wouldnt manually eject when they misfired :( Its remington ammo so really I kinda expected it . then it just got to where it simply wouldnt eject any rounds . Took it apart today and noticed the ejector was chipped top and bottom . This thing would never manually eject since it was new so I believe it had issues to begin with and just got worse from there . I have put an estimated ??? amount of rounds thru it and its been alot
    Looks chipped to you ? Hopefully CMMGs lifetime warranty will take care of me :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I am not sure what if it is suposed to be shaped like that or not. Is it smooth or jagged. Maybe someone else here has one to compare with.

3. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Looks messed up but I don't own one. Wish I could help more.

4. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Well the guys from cmmg say that that is how they are made. This particular kit is live extraction only and with the 3000+ rounds thru it they can't believe something hasn't broken on it :rolleyes:
    Subsonics don't fit the chamber well unless Aguilas are used . However my buddy has the same exact kit and his works with manual extract so that confused me a bit. I replied back I guess we will see what they say

5. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I just bought a cmmg kit, and was having issues the same as you described, right out of the box (yes, even using Remington subsonics).

I dremeled the gray tabs off of the magazines as instructed on the package, and the magazine had a better fit. Instead of jamming the magazine too high in the mag well, the magazine now sits properly. I no longer have any feed issues, and I'm glad I bought it. Had a lot of fun shooting it yesterday.

I hope your issues are resolved, but thought I'd share the mag alteration idea in case you haven't tried that already.

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

My problem was indeed the ejector , I had one of the older kits with the round ejector and it wasnt made for manual eject and also had some problems ejecting live rounds . The new ejector they sent me free :D fixed my manual eject problem and my issues using subsonic ammo .
    CMMG great customer service and a great bunch of people there

7. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that! It makes me happy to know that I gave my money to a good company.