Pro Series CORE

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by kalepas, Aug 6, 2013.

1. kalepas

kalepas New Member

Just picked one up in .40. Stoked! Range report and pics to come. Just happened to be on my lunch break when I got it!

2. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I saw a segment on them on Guns & Ammo TV a couple nights ago. Looks awesome if you want optics on your pistol. Are these running in the $700 range?

3. austin92

austin92 New Member

Love to see some pics!!!! How's it shoot?

4. kalepas

kalepas New Member

Actually caught a great deal at my local FFL dealer. 620 and tax! Headed to range in am!

Attached Files:

5. austin92

austin92 New Member

Those have threaded barrels?

6. kalepas

kalepas New Member

It does not. I was wondering though if anyone had some good suggestions for a tactical flash light for the M&P? I have about 100 dollars to work w right now. Is this even enough to get a descent light? My local FFL dealer only seems to have a couple and they are both 250+.

7. kalepas

kalepas New Member

Sorry for no pics on the range report. My camera took a **** on me yesterday. The gun shots very true. I was shooting maybe 3-5 inch groups at 7 yds. Has a real nice reset on the trigger and the recoil is very minimal for this caliber. First gun w no safety though and this made my wife very uneasy when handling the firearm.

Attached Files:

8. JW357

JW357 New Member

9. kalepas

kalepas New Member

Any Tactical lights suggestions? Not really looking to pay 200+ though!

10. JW357

JW357 New Member

Sorry I'm not a light kinda guy.

11. num1dude13

num1dude13 New Member

Streamlight TLR1 runs about 100 bucks. I have about 400 rds thru my M&P with the light attached and no issues as of yet. New ones also put out 300 lumens.

12. MountainMan864

MountainMan864 New Member

I thought the pro core series had a reddot sight on it?

13. JW357

JW357 New Member

I believe its drilled and tapped, optics ready. You can put optics on it if you want.

14. kalepas

kalepas New Member

It is drilled and tapped already but was looking to mount a light as well. I went w the TLR-1 HL. It was a toss up between the TLR-1 and TLR-4. They where roughly both the same price. I believe I found the TL4-4 for like 20 dollars more. The TLR-4 comes w a laser as well but the fact that the housing was plastic really turned me off. The TLR-1 just seemed to have some better reviews and is casted out of aluminum. Plus w the tapped wholes I really don't need the laser feature and would prefer the optic approach Anywayz.

15. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

You can find great lighs on eBay, Most lights that use a 1650 rechargeable battery have a 1" tube. The thing about buying lights on eBay is you have to know how to select the proper mount and light for your gun. Most of the Chinese vendors don't even know their light can be mounted on a gun.

Don't be scared to buy from reputable Chinese vendors. You will get a better light than anything at any price that you will buy at the LGS. The LGS wants $100 for a 500 lumen surefire flashlight. You can get a 1600 lumen light with an aluminum housing and a cree bulb for under $50 on eBay.

Going back to the Chinese vendors. I bought one light on eBay that didn't work. I tried a couple things the vendor suggested to make the light work. After they failed he promptly refunded my money. In the event something goes wrong tell the vendor you will give him a 5 star review for a prompt refund. Then follow through so you get a good review as a buyer.

16. mikeMP

mikeMP New Member

Good choice on the TLR1 HL. I have the TLR2 HL on my 40 and I'm pretty sure it's the same light. It's worked perfectly so far.

17. kalepas

kalepas New Member

Just got it in!!! Man this light is bright!!

Attached Files:

18. JW357

JW357 New Member

::drool:: nice piece man

19. KSBeebe

KSBeebe New Member

Lights

I went with the Crimson Trace LightGuard. They make one specifically for the M&P line....cost is $129.00 on Amazon. It's very compact, most flashlight style lights with picatinny rail mounts just seemed too bulky for my tastes.

Search for M&P LightGuard on Amazon to see a pic. I can't seem to get a pic of mine uploaded.

Kevin

20. Polygon

Polygon New Member

I really wish I could find some of those grips for my regular M&P.

Nope, but you can buy them.

Correct, it doesn't come with one.