privately owned drone shotdown

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by downsouth, Feb 19, 2012.

1. downsouth

downsouth New Member

2. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

3. Tell_Sackett

Tell_Sackett New Member

I find this probably the most interesting part of the article. I wonder what their plans are? Add some armor and guns to protect the pigeons?

4. towboater

towboater Active Member

I got it with 1 shot.............................It was flying low.
    [​IMG]

5. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Towboater, you sure you didn't obscure the flight visual with that smoke wagon and it crashed.

6. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

They're acting like it was intentional -- that multi-rotored helicopter thing clearly resembles a pigeon in the right light.

7. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Do these people really believe they have the right to spy on private property? What am I thinking of course they do because they are liberals and can do no wrong.

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

That last paragraph, I'd take it as a serious threat. The type where people get hurt.

9. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

That's outstanding but why did they cancel the pigeon shoot? Shoot the flying rats and the drone, and every drone, every time.

Tack

10. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

They say in a few years like just 5 or so,them things are going to be everywhere spying on everybody...Japan is making them by the tons already...I seen a T.V. show about-it...Watch-out on your deck BBQing this summer...Ha...Ha....:eek:...:mad:.....

11. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

They need to bring an old punt gun next time, and turn that drone into scrap.

12. MrWray

MrWray New Member

These people really know how to push their luck dont they, they will eventually get theirselves hurt. Then like idiots they will blame everyone but themselves.

13. earl1412

earl1412 New Member

The article stated that the thing crashed on a public highway, couldn't the cops nail those people for unauthorized landing of aircraft, or just plain littering?:)

14. tCan

tCan Active Member

Anyone can sit in a public road way and watch anyone they please. Why can't you do it from overhead? These guys, as much of a nuisance as they are, are legally in the green.

15. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

They shoulda said they thought it was a ufo.

16. avmech

avmech New Member

And since .gov just made it legal for anyone to fly these...........................Big Brother is watching more than ever. Of course, they make great target practice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I think I just found a good excuse to get a 1919 30 cal :)

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

So maybe they were in the green as far as trespass laws go, but many places have some kind of laws against voyeurism. And the people being spied on weren't in the public road way.

19. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

So...what's the best 12 Guage load to bring these things down with?

20. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

Maybe some ball and buck. When they start sending them up we can all get together and see which loads work best. Lord knows there'll be enough of em following some of us around.